• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclockers Will You Be Selling The Asus 8800GTX

Associate
Hello Overclockers Admin

Will you be getting in stock of the following graphics card
Asus 8800GTX PCI-E (x16), Mem 1800 MHz, GPU 575 MHz, 128 Streams, 2 x Dual Link DVI-I HDTV

Link to the card on the Asus Web Site
http://uk.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=442&model=1454&modelmenu=1
1454_l.jpg

Soldato
Exibit said:
Hey thanks for your help with that Gibbo great customer service

You asked, you got an answer - can't see how customer service could have been any better.
Well I guess if he'd said yes, the answer you'd have preferred.

Caporegime
stoofa said:
You asked, you got an answer - can't see how customer service could have been any better.
Well I guess if he'd said yes, the answer you'd have preferred.

i read that the other way

you read it as him being sarcastic, i read it as him being thankfull

i think his post was perhaps a little bit short, but i dont think he was taking the mickey, maybe the OP can clarify ?

Associate
The RMA i've found with Asus graphics cards are really bad i had to send me 5800 in and it got repaired which took 2 and a half months for me to get it back from sending.

The card went poof and it then took them almost 6 months to send me a replacement of a 5900.

Also I think this is the reason OcUK stoped selling the Asus cards due to the poor customer service on there graphics cards.

The next card im buying would definately be a BFG if i do buy another Nvida card (already got a 6800 with no problems so far).

Is there an ATI manufacturer that is like BFG with lifetime warranty and great service ?

Last edited:
Associate
contradictory. If asus is that bad, why store their mobos...cant afford to lose sales on the mobo can you gibbo ;)

Associate
Lolcb said:
contradictory. If asus is that bad, why store their mobos...cant afford to lose sales on the mobo can you gibbo ;)

I think it was only the graphics card side which was bad for RMAing, that why they sell the mobo's etc...

Associate
Same company. Same RMA department. Just different products.

ASUS mobo contributes a lot more to their sales than asus graphics card I guess.

Associate
james.miller said:
its not surprising giving the packages other vendors offer. if bfg made the some motherboard with a lifetime warranty, id bet they'd outsell asus in that areas as well:)

BFG outselling asus in motherboads - will take years and years.

Remember BFG's motherboard/cards are all reference designed, just sticker pasted with different warranty.

Asus on the other hand, their mobos are out of BFG's league.

Back
Top Bottom