Overclocking Corsair Vengence Pro 3200mhzCL16

CJ7

CJ7

Associate
Hey Everyone,

I have been trying to overclock my DDR4 for the first time. I think i have done okay. But I'd like to know if more can be gotten from my ram kit.

Currently i have it overclocked to 3800mhz (IF1900) with the timings set to 16-21-21-36 CR2 56

DramV: 1.42 SocV: 1.06

tRFC 312 CPU latency is at 68ns according to Aida64.

It's stable with no errors after a 10 hour stress test using memtest64. Do i need to test more? Before tweeking further? What further changes can i make? To improve performance?

I have spent 2 full weekends at this.

Thanks in Advance.

CJ7

CJ7

Associate
OP
Good job
I couldn't even get taiphyoon burner to
Recognise my vengeance 3000mhz
Assuming you used that?
And dram calculator?

Yes. I use DramCalc and Typhoon. A friend said i should watch Buildzoid on Youtube. He's been a big help as have threads on Reddit. I have a fully stable overclock at 3600mhz. I just want to overclock the Infinity Fabric as much as i can. Which is why i'm trying 3800mhz now. I left the stress test running and i got an error 2 hours after i left for work :( More work to be done i think. Thanks for your input :)

CJ7

CJ7

Associate
OP
have you tried CR1 with gear down enabled?

No i haven't. But i will today. I have a few hours to tinker some more. :p

Edit: Okay. I did what you suggested. Joxeon. And it's passed 20 loops on MemTest no errors. Latency is now 65.5ns. I think this is where I'll keep it. Ha! So happy.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Soldato
No i haven't. But i will today. I have a few hours to tinker some more. :p

Edit: Okay. I did what you suggested. Joxeon. And it's passed 20 loops on MemTest no errors. Latency is now 65.5ns. I think this is where I'll keep it. Ha! So happy.

Thank you :)
I would say to leave memtest running overnight just to make 100% sure there's no errors, but yeah 65.5 is very good for which Im guessing is non Bdie.

CJ7

CJ7

Associate
OP
I would say to leave memtest running overnight just to make 100% sure there's no errors, but yeah 65.5 is very good for which Im guessing is non Bdie.

It's Hynix CJR. Memtest is still running. I'll keep it running till tomorrow morning. Thanks again Joxeon.

Back
Top Bottom