"overlock failed" on Asus P8 Z68-V Gen3

Soldato
So I fitted some new lights to my PC then plugged it back in, that is literary all I did. When I booted up the BIOS said "overclock failed! press f1 to enter set-up" I did and reset it to default. So for now at least I am back to the 2700k's stock speed.

So what went wrong? I don't want to clock it again until I figure this out. Not that I need the extra speed, only thing benefiting from it was folding, but still. She was running fine until now! Temps haven't changed so I didn't screw up my loop in the process.

Soldato
OP
Gotta say i use that board a lot on mid-high end builds and haven't run into issues.

You ran prime for 2.5hrs and 20 runs of IBT, thats your problem. I'd say you weren't stable to begin with.

2.5 hours the time that pic was taken. I'd run it for 24 hours since. And I am on my 102nd folding WU and not had any issues. Besides, why would instability prevent me getting past POST suddenly anyway?

I'm now thinking I touched something while fitting the lights.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That board is full of bugs I'm afraid

Latest bios is just as buggy :rolleyes:

The only bug I came across was with XMP. I just set the memory by hand and no other issues.

lol! i did not read the lights part. Quite possible you did something while in there yes.

I am thinking I must have it the power button on the motherboard itself while it wasn't plugged in. Seems the most obvious to me.

Back
Top Bottom