Overs 40's : Are you Happy with your lot?

Soldato
It's really a matter of going to bed and getting up the next day. Does life begin at 40? What did life do when I was -157? Oh, yeah good point, I guess it didn't really care about me.
It's really all not worth bothering about. Will it change you? No. Overnight, no. And I'll be old, yup. As old as my dad, yup. Will I stop doing things? Nope. Even crazy things like a purple hair dye? Nope.
So what actually changes at forty years old, well nothing really. If they think of you in any regard you'll get a party and be expected to get all presents home in a taxi, whilst drunk that same night.
So it does change? Nope. Nothing changes, same feelings, same dilemma, same shoes, same tootbrush. Worry about something worth worrying about.

Soldato
44 here. Life is what you make it regardless of age. However, I do miss the crazy drug fuelled days of my youth. Sobriety and lots of coffee get me by now. :)

Caporegime
I've probably done more in the last twelve years since turning forty than I've done at any other stage of my life. For me things actually went on the up after I was 35 ish. About the only downsides for me other than keeping somewhat healthy should you wish to, is that you tend to go to a few more funerals as the next generation up from you start popping their clogs more frequently. Overall though I find I've had more of a choice in what I wanted to do and more free time in which to do it. Personally speaking I'd recommend middle age to anyone ;)

Soldato
Wondering where it went, feeling just as fit as when around 20 though, not sure how that is the case considering my lack of excercise.

Don
Same here,wish I had a trade behind me which made my life a bit more interesting.

my younger brother put his spare cash into pension and property and now owns about 6 houses so will be fine when he retires

I've spent mine on cars, holidays and alcohol :p

Man of Honour
42 here. Life is fun and probably more fun than my 30s where work was more of a drudgery. Kids have changed life for the better. My career is more exciting as if you're doing something with growth potential you are probably starting to peak in your 40s rather than younger. I am under a lot of pressure as compared to younger but all good.

Soldato
I'm 40 so not actually in my 40s yet, but things are good. The pressures of life are things that have been pressuring me for years so I'm used to them. I've got to know myself very well over the years and though there are aspects of my personality which can hinder me, I'm old enough to be aware of them and act accordingly.

40 is good!

Soldato
Having moved to Cornwall from West Yorkshire my life is radically different and better , it's not about a career to me it's about working as little as possible , checking out majic seaweed and Bodyboarding the best breaks or walking the coast ,river swimming .
Up in Yorkshire at the moment and really don't know how I lived like this

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm 40 so not actually in my 40s yet, but things are good. The pressures of life are things that have been pressuring me for years so I'm used to them. I've got to know myself very well over the years and though there are aspects of my personality which can hinder me, I'm old enough to be aware of them and act accordingly.

40 is good!
I think you'll find that being 40 makes you in your 40s, just like 1980 is considered the 80s :p

Associate
65 here and have had a fabolous life until now when I have had to chase up the Pension Office for my Government Pension even though they have had the paperwork since Mar this year. Yesterday the Inland Revenue took £460 from my account without letting me know and when I contacted them they admitted it was there mistake but it would take two months to get my money back as their system would not accept my changes. They charged me on both pensions (I have a works pension as well) from April but my Government Pension only starts now in July. I contacted my MP yesterday and his office phoned me and they will take up my case on Monday. At this age I should not be going through all this, I spent most of the morning sorting it out with the tax office and my pension people and it took 7 phone calls. So far its been a brilliant life except for Government departments not doing their job properly. Boring moan over and have a nice life.

Man of Honour
65 here and have had a fabolous life until now when I have had to chase up the Pension Office for my Government Pension even though they have had the paperwork since Mar this year. Yesterday the Inland Revenue took £460 from my account without letting me know and when I contacted them they admitted it was there mistake but it would take two months to get my money back as their system would not accept my changes. They charged me on both pensions (I have a works pension as well) from April but my Government Pension only starts now in July. I contacted my MP yesterday and his office phoned me and they will take up my case on Monday. At this age I should not be going through all this, I spent most of the morning sorting it out with the tax office and my pension people and it took 7 phone calls. So far its been a brilliant life except for Government departments not doing their job properly. Boring moan over and have a nice life.

Lucky man. When your life is so good that this stands out as THE negative!

Back
Top Bottom