P8 Z77-v Deluxe / Harman Kardon BT Headphones - connection problems

Associate
Hello all

I'm having real problems getting this to work in Windows 10. Used to work fine in Windows 7 and only recently, after a few months of installing Windows 10, have I tried to get them to work now I have bought Squad and wanting to use as a headset with microphone.

I've tried lots of different drivers, windows troubleshooters, uninstalling and letting windows detect them, disabling / enabling via device manager / sound devices / via BIOS, etc. but no luck. I can get my computer to pair with them but then they immediately disconnect.

Any advice welcome as I'm tearing my hair out. Might just get an ASUS BT400 dongle and disable the module on the mobo and see if that helps.

Thanks

Mike.

Associate
OP
Got it working shortly afterwards after removing some redundant drivers. Then couldn't seem to over-ride poor quality of headphone output when microphone was in use so gave up and got myself a cheap pair of HyperX Cloud II's for gaming ;)

Soldato
Good choice on the HXCII. :)

I've had problems getting Bluetooth headset to work in the past; and again recently with a Bluetooth speaker my dad uses with his tablet as well as laptop. The laptop decided it must reinstall the drivers again, after I had previously got it working. This time though, it didn't want to play ball. It's such a damn faff.

Windows and Bluetooth audio is just a pain in the rear end as far as I'm concerned. :p

Associate
OP
Thanks, I'm very impressed with the Cloud II's. Only £49.99 too :)

Instantly setup and working on both my PC and PS4 :D

Soldato
Thanks, I'm very impressed with the Cloud II's. Only £49.99 too :)

Instantly setup and working on both my PC and PS4 :D
While headset is made by genuinely trying Takstar (similar to Superlux) that bundled USB dongle is apparently genuine CE/China Export-junk and headset would benefit from proper signal source.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/hyperx-cloud-2-headset.18785209/

Windows and Bluetooth audio is just a pain in the rear end as far as I'm concerned. :p
http://windowsreallygoodedition.com/
So old... So current:D

Back
Top Bottom