Pacific Rim: Uprising (Pacific Rim 2)

Caporegime
The first was an ok film if you completely ignored the premise of the entire thing. Hole in the middle of the Pacific with creatures coming out of it occasionally. Lets build random humanoid machines that require physical force to stop said creatures (even though they have perfectly good standoff weapons that work better) and station them thousands of miles from said location.

Sounds like it's going to be some kind of civil war?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I also enjoyed the first, looking forward to it although I suspect it will be really garbage since the novelty of the first has worn off.

Whatever it turns out to be, it will be a good stress test on my 5.1 speakers! My go to speaker bashers are PR and Mad Max.

Soldato
meh, not exactly a stellar cast, and they seem to be implying from the recruitment teaser thing that the Jaegers are no longer 2-manned? That was a novel and interesting concept so it's curious they've dropped it if the trailer is showing what i think.

PayDay Lover
Associate
I was disappointed in the first one. It kind of reminded me of Evangelion but poorly implemented. I felt it was way too rushed so you had no time to care about any of the characters, and worse - the so called elite teams all went pretty fast without leaving an impression. It felt like multiple films squashed into one in a rush to get a story told

Soldato
well dont need to see the film now...trailer pretty much summed it up

Pacific Rim: Teen Edition yo!

What was wrong with doing a normal sequel...oh wait the story and none of the main leads signing on....minor inconveniences eh!

Caporegime
What I like about the first one was the grittiness of it, the last human defence, no budget, last few robots.

This one it looks like they have unlimited budget, brand new robots and moves like transformers. The first one had weight, that was what was great about it, this one from the trailer it looks like it moves like transformers which is NOT GOOD.

Caporegime
Oh what a surprise, Idris Elba's character had a son that afaik was never even mentioned in the first movie....:rolleyes:

Why do trailers these days always shoot the movies load and show the big finale to some degree? In the original ghostbusters movie trailer Stay Puft wasn't shown and it was a big surprise, that kind of thing rarely happens these days because the studios for some reason feel the need to produce trailers that are essentially an A-Z of what to expect in the film.

Back
Top Bottom