Padded shorts

Associate
Hi all,

During the latest lockdown I've managed to get a semi-decent exercise bike that works with Zwift, etc - great fun.

However, I am suffering a bit because I have not cycled in the past few years (okay, past 15 years...), and wondered if there were some padded cycle shorts that were recommended (and likely to be in stock) that could ease me through this initial discomfort?

Thanks!

Associate
Endura Pro SL would get my vote

£106 in standard leg length : https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Endura/Pro-SL-Bib-Short/PMGZ
£99 in long leg length (which I have and would order again): https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Endura/Pro-SL-Long-Leg-Bib-Short/PMDM

You just need to consider what pad size you want: https://padfit.endurasport.com/

Endura Pros get my endorsement too, I had some cheap shorts off ebay and used to get saddle sore quite badly. Switched to the Enduras and it's been fine.

I just picked up some Le Col Sport Bib Shorts and bobble hat for £104 with a discount code.. I've not tried the Shorts yet but I have the Bib Trousers and they've been brilliant during winter months.

Soldato
Does the Endura stuff still have issues with the logos and text falling off?

I bought some a few years ago and after one wash the decals were puckering up and most have fallen off now.

Associate
OP

I bought some a few years ago and after one wash the decals were puckering up and most have fallen off now.

This wouldn't be much of an issue for me, as I'll be hidden away from the world - so long as the padding works I'm good! My Endura stuff arrived today, yet to try it out though.

Caporegime

I can only speak for their mountain bike trousers, but no or not yet. Maybe had 15 washes since the start of jan, and plenty of crashes with nothing coming off yet.

Associate
OP
So, my first ride with the Endura - difference is certainly noticeable!

However, washing instructions seem quite specific - can't I just bung them in with the rest of the stuff? Happy to drip dry, but do they have to be treated as delicates? Nothing else I own does...

Saw some helpful guidance that you don't need to wash them after each ride if you don't sweat that much... Sadly not an option for me!

Soldato
So, my first ride with the Endura - difference is certainly noticeable!

However, washing instructions seem quite specific - can't I just bung them in with the rest of the stuff? Happy to drip dry, but do they have to be treated as delicates? Nothing else I own does...

Saw some helpful guidance that you don't need to wash them after each ride if you don't sweat that much... Sadly not an option for me!

I've always whopped all my stuff in on a 30 degree delicate wash. But as you mentioned, I don't always wash everything every time now. I used to, but recently I've been omitting gloves, jackets and sometimes shorts if they're not too smelly after a shorter ride.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Buy some HALO sports wash and just bung them in on a 15 quick wash at 30c

It's the only stuff I have found that stops all my sports gear from honking.

Soldato
Long time Halo wash user here. Since I've been hitting the turbo so much whilst working from home, I've noticed the baselayer T-shirts I go through each day are getting a bit stinky though. They are just the "free" breathable T-shirts you get for finishing races and usually get soaked by the end of a good session. Even a 60deg C wash with Halo didn't seem to help too much, so I've got some Nikwax Basefresh and just tried a wash using a normal Persil / Ariel liquid tab and 50ml of Basefresh. Everything is currently on the line drying so I'll see how they smell later!

Back
Top Bottom