Paid VPN with Opera Browser VPN

Associate
Not sure if this is the right place, but I am finding it hard to get an answer for this. If I have a paid VPN and I use Opera VPN on it`s browser extension does one cancel out the other and default to one, or does it create a chain, of diverting your traffic by two places?

Man of Honour
It will use both, although really as far as I knew at least, the "vpn" option in opera is really more like a proxy. All your traffic will be tunneled to your vpn provider, where it will then be de-encapsulated and go on its merry way. If Opera VPN is on, requests made through opera will then make their way to Opera's servers for that service.

I wouldn't bother using opera's functionality if you have a paid for VPN.

Associate
OP
It will use both, although really as far as I knew at least, the "vpn" option in opera is really more like a proxy. All your traffic will be tunneled to your vpn provider, where it will then be de-encapsulated and go on its merry way. If Opera VPN is on, requests made through opera will then make their way to Opera's servers for that service.

I wouldn't bother using opera's functionality if you have a paid for VPN.
It is for the purpose of using media accoounts under different profiles, that I want the function of having different IP addresses without the need to keep changing them via the VPN. Unless there is another solution whilst using a VPN to configure it for different browsers which i do not think there is.

Back
Top Bottom