Paint Pads

Associate
It depends on what texture you want from the paint. If you use a roller you will get a light dappled effect. A pad will give you parallel vertical lines. And a brush will give you vertical lines depending on the softness.

Pads are great for getting into corners, much better than rollers. Brushes worked better on my doors; thicker paint. But rollers spread the paint most evenly.

Many pros and cons of each. I used a combo of all three last time. Its probably down to personal choice.

Caporegime
Total waste of money.

If you have the brains to type on a forum (which you do), then you have the brains to use a roller. Really is very easy.

Do the corners first with a brush so you can just roll the voids in, and sheet up properly. Get an awful lot of spray off a roller. Walls are easy. Ceilings are a different story. Valid form of exercise imo is painting a ceiling.

Soldato
I will say this.

Spend good money on a good brush for corners / cutting in etc and good money on a roller or two.
Really worth it compared to the £3.99 roller & tray kit etc found in B&Q and the likes.

You will get a good finish and be happy with it. Never buy cheap, as just not worth it.

Painting is more about the time spent with preparation of the room than just slapping it on.

Years ago I tried a pad, never again. Terrible.

Don
with the cost of getting someone to do it these days I just go to work on on overtime and pay to have it done, it's just not worth it anymore as all the immigrants etc have driven the price right down

Soldato
with the cost of getting someone to do it these days I just go to work on on overtime and pay to have it done, it's just not worth it anymore as all the immigrants etc have driven the price right down

As the cost has gone down so has the quality - yet to see a decent polish decorator.

Soldato
I used them last night to paint a room in white emulsion because I couldn't get an even spread with the roller. I don't have any complaints other than the odd paint drips.

Man of Honour
As the cost has gone down so has the quality - yet to see a decent polish decorator.

Don't agree. I've just had my lounge, kitchen, hallways, and landing done for not much more than a grand. I'm quite fussy when it comes to this kind of thing. The chap i had done came highly recommended and didn't disappoint. Anything i wasn't happy with he correct. It's the first time I've not done it myself and it looks superb. I could have never have done the work in the time scale.. Not without giving up holiday allowance and weekends. These are too precious now..

I wouldn't get anyone in on chance. He would have to come recommended and previous work seen.

Back
Top Bottom