Paint Peel

Associate
Hi all

Having finished refurbing my sash windows around 1 month ago all seemed well until it started to rain.

On some of the bottom rails the paint has peeled away from the glass.

All the windows had the same prep - sand, glass clean, sugar soaped, primer if back to bare wood and two coats of bedec aqua advance.

All the wood was dry enough.

All I can think of is maybe I painted them during the really hot weather and now its got a bit cooler the paint has contracted., anyone else experienced this?

will pop up a picture laters.

View attachment gplTyWV.jpg

thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah you need to put 2-3mm of paint onto the glass to seal the glass, wood, putty, only its supposed to stick to it. Luckily after having checked the rest its only done it in 4-5 areas.

Associate
OP
Not as important on the inside as outside as long as you don't have any condensation, if you do and it gets in between the glass, wood, putty on the inside it will also rot it out.

I am going with I painted these windows in really hot dry weather and the paint dried to fast to get proper purchase on the glass, I remember the paint almost drying as soon as i put it on but didnt have any floetrol to mix in to slow the drying.

Back
Top Bottom