Painting guides for a complete novice.

Associate
Associate
I'd say the Sonic Sledgehammer Studio ones seem fairly simple to me (simpler than Pete's ones), the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would be even simpler that that would be the Geek & Sundry Painters Guild series as they go through each stage in separate videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7atuZxmT955o2dShsr4403qxeE7y2d-t

The Warhammer shop near me does free painting sessions where you can practice and ask questions, so may be worth checking if one near you does the same if you want more hands on help.

Soldato
I third Sonic Sledgehammer. He's the best i've come across for covering basic techniques that also yield good results. Work through his early videos and you won't go wrong. From there there's a million and one options depending on your style preference and what the end game goal is.

Soldato
I have searched on Google and YouTube, but none of them explain really basic techniques. Hence why I asked.

Basic, easiest thing to make a model loook good quickly.

Basecoat > wash > drybrush

In areas that are too small to drybrush just base coat and wash

Get a decent drybrush, games workshops drybrushes are great and not expensive.

This wont work on tanks though you cant really drybrush or wash the entire surfaces of tanks, it'll look awful. For those you will need to apply the washes more carefully in shaded areas, and edge highlight over drybrush.

Back
Top Bottom