Painting monitor advice

Associate
Hi,

Just got a Samsung SM-913N and need to paint over the black pedestal to match my white / silver setup. Never done any plastic painting before and want it done right. Any recommendations as to how I should go about it?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Sounds silly but you will possibly have more joy by reading some car modification forums. They are always painting interior plastic parts to match the body of the car etc.

Associate
OP
Yeah, intended to spray it. Just wondered if there were particular types of spray paint that left a professional looking appearance. It's only to spray the black stand on the monitor to white or silver to match the rest of my setup.

Associate
Just make sure you prep the area really well. Which means cleaning everything with something like rubbing alcohol, and then sanding with something like 400grit sandpaper, cleaning it up, sanding with 600, cleaning it up sanding with 800 and so on. Then here in the states we have a spray paint called Krylon Fusion. Check to see if you have that because it is made for plastics. If not, then any kind of plastic paint will work.

Back
Top Bottom