Wednesday, 15 February, Abu Dhabi, 11:00
Saturday, 18 February, Dubai, 11:00
Tuesday, 21 February, Dubai, 11:00

T20s

Thursday, 23 February, Dubai, 14:00
Saturday, 25 February, Dubai, 14:00
Monday, 27 February, Abu Dhabi, 14:00

Coverage

Sky Sports One, Radio 4 LW and BBC online.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Teams for 1st test:

Pakistan: Mohammad Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal (wk), Abdur Rehman, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Aizaz Cheema.

England: Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Jonathan Trott, Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Eoin Morgan, Matt Prior (wk), Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Chris Tremlett.

England won the toss and decided to bat.

What a dire start it has been. At lunch England are 52-5 after 28 overs.

Soldato
O dear a very poor start from england. Not what anyone wanted to see (except Evangelion!). Why on earth are England not playing 2 spinners... on pitches like this? Crazy.

Also I thought Swann was being a bit of a tool during the week by saying 'It would be nice for Monty to play alongside me'. O really Graeme, maybe you should ensure that you can bowl better than Monty in the warm up games. It was as if 'I'm the main man but Monty can join in too'. Bit of a big ego on him.

Soldato
Just Eng being rusty. Ajmal bowled some great deliveries, especially the one which got Bell, but on the whole its just been Eng struggling to pick up length on slow bowling (I can't call it spin bowling, there's no turn at all)

Why on earth are England not playing 2 spinners... on pitches like this? Crazy.

As above, its not even a turning track, Eng were just a bit dire in the morning.

Soldato
I thought it was meant to be great for spinners? Maybe they will play 2 in the next games. Hopefully England can get Pakistan out for a low score but it looks like the match is already gone from here.

Soldato
I thought it was meant to be great for spinners? Maybe they will play 2 in the next games. Hopefully England can get Pakistan out for a low score but it looks like the match is already gone from here.

Maybe later in the game, currently there's nothing in the Pitch which is destroying England. No turn, no pace .. nothing to worry about.
The only thing destroying England, is England being rusty.

-edit-
Realised that sounds like I'm giving no credit to Pakistan. The've bowled as well as possible on a pitch giving no real assistance, so credit to them.

Back
Top Bottom