• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Palit sonic 580 GTX recalled.

Associate
I actually suspect there is a fault with the fan controller and they overheat with high demand games. My fan speeds never really changed when I put load on it although the temp went up a lot.

Soldato
thing is, all the none OC boards, they are all reference boards just badged. Mechanically they should be close to identical.

thats why im thinking (and hoping) that the problem is entirely down to voltages not being liked at the overclock the OC version is on.

Associate
thing is, all the none OC boards, they are all reference boards just badged. Mechanically they should be close to identical.

thats why im thinking (and hoping) that the problem is entirely down to voltages not being liked at the overclock the OC version is on.

Ahh but I believe there are 2 parts of the reference design that are *optional* and I *think* one was to do with fan/cooling which is why I thought they had possibly swapped that out of the ref design for the OC editions.

Man of Honour
it would be rather good if some kind peep with a standard palit could confirm my question (im at work now :p)

Mine was running fine at 910mhz core last night for hours. Had it up to 950mhz for a glory short but I wasn't sure where the limit lied voltage wise, as afterburner goes up to 1.3v, which is obviously far too much.

So to answer your question - the regular cards OC fine. They just didn't adjust the voltage correctly on the Sonics.

Soldato
Mine was running fine at 910mhz core last night for hours. Had it up to 950mhz for a glory short but I wasn't sure where the limit lied voltage wise, as afterburner goes up to 1.3v, which is obviously far too much.

So to answer your question - the regular cards OC fine. They just didn't adjust the voltage correctly on the Sonics.

Hi ive just took delivery of a 580 can you tell me what Voltage you used when running at 950hz please,did you change the memory aswell,just need some info if you would please

Soldato
Thanks for that

You say memory is 1050 for the 580,a tad confused my memory on my 480 is at 2000?

Thats 1050Mhz at Double Data Rate. ie 2100Mhz

Should be effective 4000Mhz stock but it could be down to how the utility works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom