Panasonic 43 Inch TX-43FS352B any good?

Soldato
I have a sneaking suspicion that this particular Panasonic Model isn't Panasonic. It may well be a rebadged Vestel telly. The way to tell if it is (two ways)
1. It says made in Turkey on the box.
2. four of the numbers on the barcode will have a black rectangle round them (Month & year of production) they do this on all their tellies regardless of what name is put on the telly, Brand names such as Toshiba, Hitachi, Sharp, JVC, Bush, Alba and any others I'm not aware of (Not LG & Samsung though :p)

My opinion of Vestel is cheap but not necessarily cheerful. If it goes wrong outside of the warranty if a part is required chances are that part (Sods law) wont be made anymore or the telly will be uneconomical to repair, so the telly will have to be scrapped sadly. The firmware will be pretty well bog standard too & so will the remotes. Vestel are Like most consumer electronics firms, they want you to buy a new one once your few years old telly is kaput.

The reason why I know this?

Simples. When I worked in a electrical retail shop many moons ago, every year in the run up to Christmas we would line-up the portable tellies all the popular makes, pretty well much the makes mentioned above and you could operate them all with one remote out of all those makes. So it was obvious that they didn't make them themselves, they all were made in the same place and just had their particular badge stuck on them. I just never noticed where they were made at the time, which I'll wager was Turkey.

To sum up, if you want a Panasonic 43" telly, Get this one:

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/televisions/4K-LED-TV/tx-43fx600b.html

But check the two points I said on that model first ;)

Back
Top Bottom