Panasonic TX-L32E6B > HDMi (PC Connection)

Soldato
Hello,

Last week I bought a Panasonic TX-L32E6B to replace our aging Samsung 26" LCD.

The TV is situated in our dinning room and connected to a DELL 775 (Core2Duo, 4Gb of RAM and a Geforce 610 GT Graphics Card /With HDMi) which runs Windows 7 and XBMC which then in turn is hooked up to my Server as a source for all media.

Upon connecting the new TV to my Media PC it booted up to the desktop which was around 10% missing on all sides. I could just make out the taskbar. The resolution was set to 1920x1080 (Native) I played around with the Nvidia settings which I could set a custom resolution which got around the problem but the screen and text was not very clear - I reset it back.

I tried a couple of options on the TV (Just, Fit e.t.c) but all do not display the image fully.

Am I doing something wrong here? Its a fantastic TV.

Soldato
Have the same TV used with my PC you need to go into settings

2cgkgnt.jpg

29cvpc1.jpg

Also turn sharpness right down in TV settings or text will look a bit odd

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate!

I'll try when I get home. How did you find the quality of the screen being used on the desktop? It looked a little blurry and not as sharp as I'd liked. But that maybe down to my current settings.

Mark

Soldato
Find the screen ok to my eyes it's nice and clear plus have mine set as True Cinema

If it's the text which looks blurry you need to turn sharpness right down to 0 in TV settings it sounds a bit odd but works :)

Only thing i've ever changed on PC is to turn off Vsync in Nvidia control panel as it added a bit of stutter to watching TV via my SD and HD TV dongles

PC setup

Intel 3rd Generation Core i7-3770k
Gigabyte SKT-1155 G1 Sniper M3 Motherboard
GeForce GTX 660
Corsair 16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Vengeance Memory

Soldato
OP
Just got in to try this but the setting were already what you had. I'm still seeing the edges of the screen cut off...

2im430x.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Windows desktop is cut off as well.

You can see the desktop here. Its hard to see from this picture but the image/text does not look right... Just not as clear.

x240hz.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Fixed it mate.

After I ensured I had the same settings as you above, I changed the aspect from "Just" to 16:9 and straight away it centered the desktop. The fonts still did not look right so I adjusted the Sharpness down to "0"

What a difference, it looks crystal clear now. Any other settings which you changed?

Thanks for your help mate :)

Soldato
Glad you got it sorted :)

Not really played with any of the other settings like fine tuning the colour and gamma that's a bit over my head so just have mine set on True Cinema, have turned off a few of the Eco modes as i kept getting the warning TV was going into standby every now and then

2ns975e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom