1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parallels 17 is out

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by Feek, 10 Aug 2021.

1. Feek

Commissario

Yes, just turn off the integration within the Parallels configuration.

2. ChrisD.

Caporegime

Not available with Apple Silicone.

3. MacRS4

Mobster

You can also Sandbox it pretty well with this option:

[​IMG]

4. whitecrook

Sgarrista

OK great. that looks like excellent advices. Best way to back this up ? I put a synology in, so active backup sync (network, whole image backup of windows system) in the windows VM, or use time machine on the mac and back the whole thing up ? It seems like it wants to back up the whole 68GB system each time on timemachine, doesn't seem that efficient to me, or just do both and let them do what they do. ?

5. ChrisD.

Caporegime

Of course it is, if the VM is running then the data is changing.

6. MacRS4

Mobster

My folders with machines are excluded from TM due to the amount of delta data they create - it can fill up your backup disk very quickly if you're not careful. What I tend to do is have a snapshot schedule set and then periodically just copy the whole machine to my backup store on my NAS.

The regular snapshotting is called 'SmartGuard' and is under 'Backup'. I do three for my daily work machine and then every Friday I copy it to my NAS as a single image. I'll also do specific snapshots before any major SW installs or updates.

[​IMG]