Parking Eye Fine - Mistake happened how do i fix this. ???

Soldato
Seemingly i have no way i can contact them on the phone :(:(

what happened is my girls licence plate example

BG23OYS - AUDI <her licence plate>

and this other licence plate BG23DYS <unknown licence plate FORD>

now we got a letter for a fine that we didnt commit it seems the picture on the letter and the licence plate correspond to different cars

the licence plate part of the car is hard to make out the D from the O and it was very dark all you could make out was the headlights and licence plate but even the headlights dont look audi headlights and look like ford headlights this is what prompted me to check on dot.gov at the licence plate details and what do you know BG23DYS is correct for a FORD car...
and if you change the D to a O it shows up as AUDI

there is where the error has been they have chosen to use O instead of D and we ended up with the fine instead ....

i cant seem to contact this PARKING EYE place i have choice to pay by phone or by post.
can someone help.....

Soldato
OP
thanks guys, i will post them a picture of proof of correct car and hope thats the end of it cause if they dont drop it still i will take them all the way to claims court and crush them for there mistake.

Soldato
Reply by post with a picture of your number plate saying they’ve got it wrong.

This, if its obviously the wrong car they should drop it straight away.

I had similar when someone cloned my plate, same type of car, but mine had a spoiler, the one in the photo didn't. Sent them a photo, got a reply a few days later confirming they were cancelling it.

If you want to play them at their own game then include a paragraph stating something along the lines of "I hereby consider the matter closed, any further communications other than confirmation of this will be charged at <insert fine amount here>, by continuing to pursue this matter, you indicate acceptance of these terms"

Soldato

now we got a letter for a fine that we didnt commit it seems the picture on the letter and the licence plate correspond to different cars

the licence plate part of the car is hard to make out the D from the O and it was very dark all you could make out was the headlights and licence plate but even the headlights dont look audi headlights and look like ford headlights this is what prompted me to check on dot.gov at the licence plate details and what do you know BG23DYS is correct for a FORD car...

there is where the error has been they have chosen to use O instead of D and we ended up with the fine instead ....

i cant seem to contact this PARKING EYE place i have choice to pay by phone or by post.
can someone help.....

1. parking eye is not enforceable.
2. show proof it was not your vehicle or Car, send it via email for trackability
3. if they dont respond dont pay the fine job done.

My Wife had the same issue, this time they said she stayed in the car park for 24 hours, when really she drove right through, prompting a ticket. We showed proof they backed off.

Soldato
2. show proof it was not your vehicle or Car, send it via email for trackability

See this is why you should always check trusted websites thst keep their info updated.

The law changed a few years ago now making it far easier for PPCs to win cases in court, which makes it worthwhile for them to pursue the tickets.

Soldato

My Wife had the same issue, this time they said she stayed in the car park for 24 hours, when really she drove right through, prompting a ticket. We showed proof they backed off.
Can you prove that claim? It's bad information like this that causes people issues further down the line.

Soldato
Don't pay. It isn't a fine. No one other than someone empowered by law can fine you. However, you shouldn't ignore it.

Some of the stuff said in this thread is wrong.

Someone posted pepipoo, which is fine but it doesn't have that large of a userbase.

I'd recommend

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Read the FAQs first.

Remember parking eye might not believe you, or they might not even care.

Last edited:
Commissario
I do think it would be amusing if it got as far as court and their evidence was a photograph of a car that had a different registration to the car owned by the person they were trying to prosecute.

Soldato
I do think it would be amusing if it got as far as court and their evidence was a photograph of a car that had a different registration to the car owned by the person they were trying to prosecute.

We came quite close to this with Nottingham city council when one of their parking officers got our registration wrong on the ticket he put on our car. No amount of conversations and correspondence would convince them they had got it wrong, even when it was pointed out to them that the registration number of the car would give them the wrong address to even serve court papers to.

We got to the point where we just said fine we'll go to court and after about 3 weeks we got a call or an email saying it was resolved and voided at their end. I assume someone had eventually looked up the registration they had recorded Vs what was on the vehicle description. Not too long after they started taking digital photos of the cars in question.

Soldato

can someone help.....

Contact the ticket issuer and point out the error of their ways. Include a phot of your GF’s car in similar dark conditions and point out the differences between the two photos.

Keep all documentation/communication in case this doesn’t end their claim.

I once had a letter from the Met chasing me for non-payment of a parking fine in Kensington for my white Peugeot 205, registration number XXXXXXX. Wrote back via registered post and explained how XXXXXXX was a black and red Suzuki 1100 motorcycle which was parked on a USAF base on said date and I could ask the head of the MPs there to confirm this if necessary as I was attending a clay shoot on base with him on that date.

Got another letter 3 days later apologising for their mistake and that the matter was closed.

Back
Top Bottom