part recomendations

Associate
Hi , i am looking at building a gaming pc in the near future and would love some recommendations on parts. I know i want to go with either the rtx 3070 or 80 but unsure so some advice on that aswell would be grand. I want a pc that i can use for all the latest games and have them running at high frames and also would love one that would be good for a lot of animation/3d work. Im not looking to do any overclocking or anything and would possibly like to have some rgb in my build. i was also thinking about maybe water cooling but not 100% sure on that atm so again any advice on that would be great or would people vote against that. im not looking for any mini builds either. Budget wise im not sure but i know its not going to be cheap but i also dont want to be spending into the thousands . Any recommendations and help would be very much appreciated

Soldato
The GPU choice will depend on what resolution / refresh rate monitor you're looking to go with, 4K then definetly go with a 3080, 1440p both would be ok but I'd still lean towards a 3080 as it does have a decent performance jump over a 3070 + an extra 2gb VRAM.

Associate
OP
The GPU choice will depend on what resolution / refresh rate monitor you're looking to go with, 4K then definetly go with a 3080, 1440p both would be ok but I'd still lean towards a 3080 as it does have a decent performance jump over a 3070 + an extra 2gb VRAM.
Thanks , yeah currently have a 4k monitor so will be looking to build something so i can use its full potential

Soldato
GPU will depend on what you can get your hands on. They are like fairy dust atm.

good luck trying to find any decent new GPU for reasonable prices. Even shops are gouging people and matching scalper prices when ever stock becomes available.

£800 for a 3070 for instance. Or £600 for 3060ti or £1000 for 3080. Or £900 for 6800 or £1100 for 6800XT or £2000 for 3090

even Turing based GPU are going through the roof in retailers.

Have fun trying to find parts. I would say for now if you have a GPU live with it. If you don’t get an intel K cpu or AMD APU and hope for this shortage to blow itself over in a couple months time.

Back
Top Bottom