Part time work, where to start?

Associate
Hi,
I'm looking to do some part time work as I'm retiring soon.
I recently applied to be a post person but was unsuccessful in the application process. Not sure why as I didn't receive any feedback.
A driving job would be nice but its been a long time since I've had to search for a job so not sure what the best way of doing it is.
I've created an account on Indeed as it seems to pop up whenever I do an internet search. I did use a driving agency many moons ago and wondered if I should go down that route again.
Any tips as to where I could start my search would be great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd say it's not really any different to looking for full time work. Just use Indeed and tick the part time box.

Depending on the kind of work you want, local Facebook pages might also be useful. If you have a HGV licence you can probably take your pick :p

Soldato
Don't expect any feedback if you are not successful. Very rarely these days do companies have time to feedback to candidates etc.... Don't take it personally. Just move on to next job.

Try local papers/business etc - I know a semi retired client of mine found a job 12 hours a week driving a minibus for old folks home days out etc - he loved it. Was the youngest on the bus by about 20 years!!

Back
Top Bottom