1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parvum: Frosted Designare (2st renders in)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by orbitalwalsh, Apr 13, 2017.

1. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

will be brief with the first post since i've already posted up on the Case section...

Its a Frosted Clear/ Clear Parvum M1.0 case, ordered on the 04/04/17 (should created it then having seen the other thread)

Just gonna leave it like this for a while....

2. Smffy

Wise Guy

A long while :D

Just kidding. But really.

3. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

Pmsl, think 15 more days and will send an email for a render :D

4. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

5. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

Communication is on the go! so here's the first found of renders!

Frosted Surfaces take a while to render so they aren't 100% which is fair enough as each shot took 45min- with a degree in it I can stand by that. Trying to track a CAD file of the Designare board but most likely any Gigabyte board will do for final render

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark parts might to highlight which parts are Clear Frosted. Im thinking back panel needs to be framed like the front?

***scratch that friends in work think front door should be like the back and frame-less. seems they like the frame-less join in render below. Thoughts PLEASE????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bottom to renders make it easier to see the combination easier as well as the mods, rear window instead of fan, mobo raised higher and bottom fans added.

Trying to see about mobo tray section and if my plan will work, which is in to parts, clear for the motherboard stand and frosted for the last section which has a curve instead of the angle Parvum normally do . In theory they will allow a longer back-panel for Storage mounts and hiding cables from the front view

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM
  6. JR23

Gangster

Personally think it would look best as a full frosted clear case with only two polished clear accents on the inner front and back layers. A normal frosted midwall with the designaire logo shape cut out from behind the board, possibly with a clear polished piece inlaid into it. Frosted frames on both sides without any windows. The frame-less idea should be on both sides if you go with that, however i'd always prefer not to see the edges of the base, the cubes and underneath the case. A frosted border would give you places to hide and diffuse lighting too rather than staring down the edge of an LED strip.

But, i've seen a lot and the different combinations always surprise me, 8 Packs Rocket uses a lot of polished and it looks awesome. I do like frost though.

JR

7. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

true, I hate LED strips and liking the use of diffusers but hoping not to have any, lighting from fans I hope would be enough.
    As you say, both side panels would need to be Clear to allow the frameless look, which should visually be amazing but a nightmare for cables!
    was plans to tackle the midwall with 2 part design. Clear for the section the motherboard fixes to and the second section being frosted, but isn't angled but a curve instead. would hide the storage and cables at least from front view....
    But seems parties involved like having the the main body transparent so everything is on show from almost any angle, which I can see from their point of view showing every component off and when on display .

8. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

thought about an idea havent seen on Parvum built systems and that Phanteks have introduced on their Evolve cases which i think is a sweet idea! Hinges, the fact your have to unscrew plexi and glass panels in this modern ages is baffling haha

https://www.sdslondon.co.uk/door-hi...e-glass-door-pivot-hinge-for-inset-doors.html

[​IMG]

would still keep 2 cubes at the front of the case so the door could be 'kept shut'. One at the back end opening up in the other direction with the hinges at the front end of the case. I theory doesn't seem to hard to do, even if doing it myself but making sure the cubes are set back slightly

9. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

Second round of renders in.
    Midwall is now in two parts, clear that holds the Mobo and Frosted that has a sharp 90 bend, so no more single panel with two 45 bends.
    May get second part in clear and frosted but prefer this design :)

Both side panels are single layered and transparent .

Just need to think on the rear panel a little .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Kavalier

Associate

Some nice render shots there :)

11. HoneyBadger

Hitman

Nice, do you need the USB3 ports at the front? And the power button? Seems a shame to have unsightly cabling running up to the front!

12. orbitalwalsh

Wise Guy

Never really thought about it! Haha, might just have to be on with cable braiding :)

Might have to ditch the cut outs on the edges of the rear panel and have it as a true rectangle