Passport renewal time?

Soldato
I've been asked to take a work related trip overseas next month (7th June), but my passport has expired. Can anyone who has applied for a renewal recently please tell me how long I can expect to wait? Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Cheers. Bit of variance in times there. 3weeks+ seems to be the average. An expedited renewal it may have to be.

Associate
4 renewals sent off at the same time (all went to different Passport offices around the country)

- 1 back in 9 working days.
- 1 back in 13 working days
- 2 (kids) not even acknowledged that the old passports have been returned yet (they have, RM tracking shows delivered a week or more ago)

Fast track is also struggling, some not showing appointments available for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did three passport applications on line 27th April

Posted them recorded delivery the same day

RM tracking showed them signed for the next day

Notification today that they have been "received" :rolleyes:

UPDATE

One of them (my youngest daughter's) turned up today (18 calendar days)

The other two (my wife and mine, different processing office) were both notified as "being printed" today. If the same pattern as the other one we should have them in the next few days

Soldato
UPDATE

One of them (my youngest daughter's) turned up today (18 calendar days)

The other two (my wife and mine, different processing office) were both notified as "being printed" today. If the same pattern as the other one we should have them in the next few days
UPDATE 2

Mine was delivered this morning (after TNT have failed to even attempt to deliver for 3 days)

24 calendar days from application

Just one more (my wife's) to be received - done at the same time and to the same processing office as mine. Her tracking details on TNT are not showing anything useful :rolleyes:

Associate
UPDATE 2

Mine was delivered this morning (after TNT have failed to even attempt to deliver for 3 days)

24 calendar days from application

Just one more (my wife's) to be received - done at the same time and to the same processing office as mine. Her tracking details on TNT are not showing anything useful :rolleyes:
TNT are a nightmare I think. I had them delivering some radiators last year for a refurb, took them 6 attempts and me on the phone a lot... Radiators for god sake, would have thought they wanted rid, but reckon the delivery couldn't be bothered to get them out the van.

Soldato
TNT are a nightmare I think. I had them delivering some radiators last year for a refurb, took them 6 attempts and me on the phone a lot... Radiators for god sake, would have thought they wanted rid, but reckon the delivery couldn't be bothered to get them out the van.
I got a text each day saying "delivery failed"

They failed to deliver. They hadn't attempted to deliver - Hermes are just as bad with "Oops there was a problem" - yes, you can't stick to your own schedule ...

Also such a big deal about having to be in and sign for them. They post them through the letterbox and dont even attempt to ring the bell or knock

Soldato
I've been asked to take a work related trip overseas next month (7th June), but my passport has expired. Can anyone who has applied for a renewal recently please tell me how long I can expect to wait? Cheers.

I renewed my expired passport a few weeks ago and it took around 8-10 days to arrive. Took a picture at home and did it all online. Paid extra for recorded delivery of my expired passport.

This was when the media was saying people have been waiting months….

Back
Top Bottom