Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Was pretty much skint after two brutal rips, then out of no where a dream fragment dropped. I decided to play safe and tp'd to stash it, went back to clear the area and got immediately insta gibbed by an invader. Invasion is pretty brutal, luckily the 3 exalts I got for the ring softened the blow :)

Associate
See now, you're making me want to go back to invasion. I think the fun of the lockboxes is going to keep me in Ambush though.

Got an Aurseize this weekend (gloves with magic find). I assume they are all but worthless without a max roll and 4 linked sockets?

Soldato
Yeah I'm not really interested in invasion, don't like the idea of losing my character because of some silly boss 1 shotting me. Maybe when I learn the game more I'll try it. Strongboxes are fun though, learned last night you could reroll the drops and stuff from it >_<.

Also check http://poe.xyz.is/ for how much those gloves would sell.

Associate
Invasion can be harsh but it's still great fun, invaders only start to be a big problem from cruel up and with the right gear/builds some are managable sort of :)

I think ive been abit spoiled by hc in general, without that risk it gets boring for me.

Associate
Invasion has brutal mechanics for sure, just soon satisfying.
The main tip is to edge through with more care and less glass cannon hung ho style of play.
Nothing wrong with skipping an invader. I find that I creep along and when I spot inv, I can then make a call as to engage or go around.

In parties, taking on invader is far easier, solo can RIP.

My current character, is another EK shadow (MoM/EB) level 49 cruel and about to take on Vaal.
Thankfully, I have built up currency and levelling gear for each milestone . Uniques since the Tabula rasa have been poor. Although I picked up a Kaui ward ammy which is perfect compliment to EK.

Note: I'm sure after the above confident post, I'll RIP on Vaal. :)

Associate
Nah vaal is easy :)

Dom cruel is where it starts getting tough but I finally managed to defeat him and get to Merciless yesterday - First time ever - Chaos damage hurts now really hard but we will see how it goes. Merv tonight then no doubt be chillin in Felshrine for a while.

Associate
Nah vaal is easy :)

Dom cruel is where it starts getting tough but I finally managed to defeat him and get to Merciless yesterday - First time ever - Chaos damage hurts now really hard but we will see how it goes. Merv tonight then no doubt be chillin in Felshrine for a while.

Vaal was easy.. again I ripped just now in a party.. some bright spark pulled the chaos spweing spider onto us.. I reeped in an instant ;) level 52 at the docks.

Sad bit, I had a feeling to leave the party, as the last couple of guys felt 'rushy'.

Ho hum.

Associate
How's everyone finding the new expansion?

I played all weekend, and got totally hooked again :/ Currently playing in the new hardcore Beyond league, if anyone wants to join me?

Not sure if I like the new NPCs/Missions, but the crafting/vendor rewards are amazing.
Beyond league seems pretty tough, the mobs that spawn out of the special portals are really really tough, and I've not seen one of the bosses yet.

Associate
Started a new character in the new hardcore league - already terrified of large, weak mob packs. The sudden invaders are either "high HP but no worries" or "blind/shock/chaos damage death machine" and the difference is often hard to tell in the first few seconds.

I've only reached Ledge normal, so hardly touched it really, but it's fun. I've made a witch using Storm Call, because BAM! Pow! Whee!

Associate
Started a new character in the new hardcore league - already terrified of large, weak mob packs. The sudden invaders are either "high HP but no worries" or "blind/shock/chaos damage death machine" and the difference is often hard to tell in the first few seconds.

I've only reached Ledge normal, so hardly touched it really, but it's fun. I've made a witch using Storm Call, because BAM! Pow! Whee!

The beyond league mobs have been nerfed slightly, thank god! Still hit sodding hard though. I finally managed to kill enough mobs to spawn the beyond league bosses last night. They were expectantly hard, even in a zone six levels lower than my character level.

I'll probably finish act 2 when I get home tonight; so if you catch up, would be cool to team up!

Associate
How many do you need for bosses?
The basic guys take 4 mini-portals to make a tentacle portal, and always spawn 1 rare and 3 magic creeps for me so far.
Is it 4 tentacle portals for a boss? If so, I imagine you need to train packs of mobs to the area before killing them. Western Forest could be a good bet - multiple large packs, including the monkeys and so on.

I killed Brutus and reached the ship graveyard last night, so if I push on hard I could be done with cold lady snake face and into act 2 relatively soon after. Will only have a couple of hours though tonight, as once the wife's back from her class it's my turn to make dinner, so properly catching up may be off the menu. What build are you playing so far?

Would be good to team up - current character name is ZappBeginAgain

Associate
How many do you need for bosses?
The basic guys take 4 mini-portals to make a tentacle portal, and always spawn 1 rare and 3 magic creeps for me so far.
Is it 4 tentacle portals for a boss? If so, I imagine you need to train packs of mobs to the area before killing them. Western Forest could be a good bet - multiple large packs, including the monkeys and so on.

I killed Brutus and reached the ship graveyard last night, so if I push on hard I could be done with cold lady snake face and into act 2 relatively soon after. Will only have a couple of hours though tonight, as once the wife's back from her class it's my turn to make dinner, so properly catching up may be off the menu. What build are you playing so far?

Would be good to team up - current character name is ZappBeginAgain

You need to open 3 of the 'tentacle' portals close together to spawn the end boss. I've only ever done it in "Riverways" Act 2, but as you say places where monkey's spawns are a good bet. Shrines and lockboxes are especially handy.
Here's a vid of someone spawning one of the bosses, if you skip to 5mins you should get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ZeMYVvN_0

I only tend to get a couple of hours in the evenings as well, currently playing an Arc witch build, which is awesome fun :)

Current character name is: EatTheCore

Associate
Logged on for a quick grinding session in Cruel Docks and my PC blue-screened....wasn't able to figure it out last night so will have a fiddle around and see if I survived the blue screen or if it's time to start a new character...

Or, if anyone wants to /whois Wraitchy for me that would be great :p

Back
Top Bottom