Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Soldato
Created so people don't get the games confused. Could a mod add the relevant posts from the other thread?

Their previous game, Kingmaker, was a big hit taking a well known Pathfinder TTRPG campaign and porting into a game (Previous thread here).

The 2nd game from Owlcat Games takes you to the Worldwound on Golarion with another massive campaign with Wrath of the Righteous and its out now following a very successful Kickstarter.
25 Classes all with their own archetypes, a ton of feats, spells, weapons, and a story spanning about 100 hours as well as throwing in some Mythic abilities as well and it should keep you off the streets for a while.

Its similar to games like Baldurs Gate, Divinity, Dragon Age & Pillars of Eternity although it adds extras. Kingmaker had you developing villages into towns via your court, WotR has you commanding armies to stop the demonic onslaught.

Associate
I went with a Scaled Fist Lawful Evil Monk. Only played a couple of hours over the weekend because its a bit intimidating how much there is to learn. Like the Abbysal Corruption mechanic... Ive just left the first 'base' for the first time and on a part of the map where there are enemies everywhere so killing some then sleeping, then realised that meter is going up. Can that come back down or do I need to be careful not to 'waste time' by sleeping/resting too much? I'm playing it on 'Normal' but with some easy options like Bad Status Effect off and Getting back up after killed turned on cos im a noob.

Also, when is this set compared to the first game? Is there any cross-over with characters? Ive had a quick scan of the companions so I dont accidentally kill any like I did in the first game where I got an evil wizard killed who i would have 100% had in my party haha

Clearly not his usual kind of game but WAB enjoyed it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQFAsHS-RA

Man of Honour
I went with a Scaled Fist Lawful Evil Monk. Only played a couple of hours over the weekend because its a bit intimidating how much there is to learn. Like the Abbysal Corruption mechanic... Ive just left the first 'base' for the first time and on a part of the map where there are enemies everywhere so killing some then sleeping, then realised that meter is going up. Can that come back down or do I need to be careful not to 'waste time' by sleeping/resting too much? I'm playing it on 'Normal' but with some easy options like Bad Status Effect off and Getting back up after killed turned on cos im a noob.

Also, when is this set compared to the first game? Is there any cross-over with characters? Ive had a quick scan of the companions so I dont accidentally kill any like I did in the first game where I got an evil wizard killed who i would have 100% had in my party haha

Clearly not his usual kind of game but WAB enjoyed it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQFAsHS-RA

The corruption meter goes back down when you sleep in a "safe" place, for example your bed back in town. This is set some time after the events of Kingmaker but is in a different region of the world so there is very little character crossover. There are a couple of minor characters who make an appearance and will be recognised by those who have played the first game
The Storyteller and the Skeletal Merchant
but they are minor characters and its not necessary to be familiar with them to understand whats going on

Associate
Pretty much the same question I was going to ask due to the fact I've never played the first game.

The level of detail is pretty overwhelming when creating a character, I've got a feeling I may be doing a couple of restarts just to finally get my head round some of the options, although I'm half tempted to return this game and pick it up when I have more time to play something like this, by then it'll probably be cheaper too.

Soldato
OP
The level of detail is pretty overwhelming when creating a character, .... .

Yes, more so than Kingmaker was. I think there only a few classes missing from the books (Gunslinger, Vigilante, Ninja...some others) as well as many archetypes which is probably a good thing as it would overwhelm players new to the system.

I've gone 2 handed fighter with the intention of becoming a Hellknight as prestige. I did make a mistake in my alignment though as NG so I need to move it over to Lawful something in order to qualify.

I hope they expand the crafting as I want to play my crafty wizard from a campaign we played, super cheap magic items in half the time and half the price!
Alternative racial options would be nice too seeing as they are part of the core rules.

Associate
Pretty much the same question I was going to ask due to the fact I've never played the first game.

The level of detail is pretty overwhelming when creating a character, I've got a feeling I may be doing a couple of restarts just to finally get my head round some of the options, although I'm half tempted to return this game and pick it up when I have more time to play something like this, by then it'll probably be cheaper too.

What character/class have you gone with? Tbh im considering replaying the first game because i really enjoyed that. Think i had around 100 hours on it. Then come to this when its all a bit smoothed put. Ive just put a mod on this morning to get rid of the inventory weight limit. Hate that in games.

Associate
What character/class have you gone with? Tbh im considering replaying the first game because i really enjoyed that. Think i had around 100 hours on it. Then come to this when its all a bit smoothed put. Ive just put a mod on this morning to get rid of the inventory weight limit. Hate that in games.
I went a rogue class in the end with inquisitor, I restarted it though as I don't think that was the best choice for me.

Think I may give Ranger a go soon!

Inventory limits do suck, I always get rid of that in any game I play.

Soldato
OP
Most games I try and find a way around it as I also find it annoying, with Pathfinder though I keep it in as it negatively affects some of your physical skills. Guess I've been playing the pen and paper version so long that I don't notice that much.

Soldato
Is there any way to invert the camera rotation ? I want 'Q' to turn the camera anti-clockwise instead of clockwise and vice versa for 'E'. I can't see anything in the options unless I am missing it.

**Nevermind I am just being thick** :o I forgot you could just reassign Q and E.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Was getting trounced in the first battle thing.....until I bought a couple of summon greater elemental scrolls. :cry:

Its ok so far, really needs party AI for me. I turn on weapon enchant with one of my characters, it casts it 5 times till it runs out, then starts fighting.

Cant be bothered micro managing so just been steaming through everything not bothering with spells other than buffing if its a tough fight. Tempted to bin some of these casters and just spec melee/ranged.....

Soldato
I've put 60 hours into this in the last 5 days and I'm still not even 25% of the way through the game :D

That is mental, you on annual leave. Fair play though I'm not judging if I could do something I enjoy that much I would be happy. I'm still in the early stages of king maker so I look forward to the stand alone sequel.

Man of Honour
I'm really trying to get into this but I don't know something seems off... I was hooked on Pillars of Eternity and Kingmaker

I felt while playing Chapter 1 that Kingmaker was better but once I had finished with the 1st Chapter and had reached the part of the game where the crusade and Heroes of Might and Magic modes are it felt much better and now think its much better, more indepth and with more game modes and mechanics than Kingmaker

Soldato
What's the bug situation like? I just bought it and had a look at the discussion forum on steam and there were a few complaints but it doesn't seem that bad? Guess I'll find out too.

Back
Top Bottom