Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Man of Honour
Yeah I just didn't like the battles, felt weak so skipping/auto win fine with me. :p

I could understand it if it auto runs the fight for you, so you still need to have an army capable of winning but it just autowinning regardless of what you have in your army seems stupid to me, it means the player could just run all round the map from the start with an army with 1 unit in it and unlock all the forts and get all the crusade rewards and all the items right from the start. As I say, I'm sure some people obviously want it that way or there wouldnt be a mod but its definitely not one for me, cant see the point in even playing the game in that way (and I say "playing the game" in its loosest sense :D )

Permabanned
I could understand it if it auto runs the fight for you, so you still need to have an army capable of winning but it just autowinning regardless of what you have in your army seems stupid to me, it means the player could just run all round the map from the start with an army with 1 unit in it and unlock all the forts and get all the crusade rewards and all the items right from the start. As I say, I'm sure some people obviously want it that way or there wouldnt be a mod but its definitely not one for me, cant see the point in even playing the game in that way (and I say "playing the game" in its loosest sense :D )

Yeah the crusade bit seems a pointless tack on to me so happy to skip it.

Man of Honour
Yeah the crusade bit seems a pointless tack on to me so happy to skip it.

Skipping it is fine imo providing that it still requires you to build up the armies to win the fights because the thing is that its like that for a reason, its to ensure that the player doesnt reach things that they arent supposed to reach until the right time within the greater storyline, thats where that mod causes a problem imo because it literally allows the player to go everywhere and get everything on the world map long before you are actually supposed to reach that part of the story. Each to their own as I say but to me, I just cant see the point of playing this sort of game in that way, would be like playing monopoly but you get to start with 1 million pounds and 10 free properties of your choice :D , certainly not the way I'd play an rpg but its single player so no harm done to anyone

Permabanned
Skipping it is fine imo providing that it still requires you to build up the armies to win the fights because the thing is that its like that for a reason, its to ensure that the player doesnt reach things that they arent supposed to reach until the right time within the greater storyline, thats where that mod causes a problem imo because it literally allows the player to go everywhere and get everything on the world map long before you are actually supposed to reach that part of the story. Each to their own as I say but to me, I just cant see the point of playing this sort of game in that way, would be like playing monopoly but you get to start with 1 million pounds and 10 free properties of your choice :D , certainly not the way I'd play an rpg but its single player so no harm done to anyone

Seems like most of the map is locked away anyway, I certainly cant go everywhere. All its really doing is expediting some bang average gameplay battles.

Man of Honour
Seems like most of the map is locked away anyway, I certainly cant go everywhere. All its really doing is expediting some bang average gameplay battles.

You should be able to go everywhere, the only thing stopping you from going to the other areas are the armies sat in the various small forts, normally you'd have to build up an army big enough to beat them but with that mod you should be able to just waltz up to them with 1 archer and win ;)

For example, once you have completed the Drezen battle, you'll be able to go right round the map and beat every demon army, pick up all the resources and all the magic items and relics, so you should be able to end chapter 2 with every relic in the game and all the crusade items, including the ones you arent supposed to have until chapter 5 :)

Not the way that I'd play it but we all have to play in the way we need to play in order to enjoy the game and if thats what you need to enjoy it then I certainly wont criticise you for it, I'll not understand of course and be critical of the way the mod is designed ( would be better if it autoplayed the fight for you but you still needed the rightsized army) but not you for using it

Last edited:
Associate
Just started this. Thematically, it grabs me more than Kingmaker which felt very rural & backwoods & a bit plain.
It's cool how it has all the Hybrid classes - I play the tabletop (well, GM) & we've only gone as far as the Base Classes - Inquisitor, Alchemist etc. This has all the hybrid clases from the advanced class guide too.
So I've decided to go with Skald - which as far as I can tell is some kind of cleric/ barbarian hybrid ? Seems fun so far, anyway. *edit*, actually, I think it's a Barbarian/ Bard hybrid - never had a bard, so didn't recognise a lot of the abilites at 1st.

Permabanned
You should be able to go everywhere, the only thing stopping you from going to the other areas are the armies sat in the various small forts, normally you'd have to build up an army big enough to beat them but with that mod you should be able to just waltz up to them with 1 archer and win ;)

For example, once you have completed the Drezen battle, you'll be able to go right round the map and beat every demon army, pick up all the resources and all the magic items and relics, so you should be able to end chapter 2 with every relic in the game and all the crusade items, including the ones you arent supposed to have until chapter 5 :)

Not the way that I'd play it but we all have to play in the way we need to play in order to enjoy the game and if thats what you need to enjoy it then I certainly wont criticise you for it, I'll not understand of course and be critical of the way the mod is designed ( would be better if it autoplayed the fight for you but you still needed the rightsized army) but not you for using it

Ah, I'm only just at drezen, I shall be waltzing after. :D

Associate
Just got to the part where you pick a Mythic Path. Got to say I dont think its very well explained. I thought id missed a load of things. Want to play a Demon, but thought I could only pick 'Mythic Hero' until I googled it. It said its only after the first 2 Mythic Levels you get to spec into which one you actually want? Im really liking the Dearen character, but his curse making him Staggered or whatever at the start of combat is quite irritating. Can you get rid of that when you improve? Id rather him not have to use Ranged weapons/spells. Im going to need to respec 1 character to be face to face fighting. Already have 2 ranged.

Soldato
OP
Im really liking the Dearen character, but his curse making him Staggered or whatever at the start of combat is quite irritating. Can you get rid of that when you improve? Id rather him not have to use Ranged weapons/spells. Im going to need to respec 1 character to be face to face fighting. Already have 2 ranged.

As an Oracle, its a flaw he has to have as part of the class.
There are options on the flaw, he could be blind instead. I can't remember the others.

Associate
On my second playthrough now. First one the ending bugged out on the Devil path and hung on a black screen so couldn't complete the game. Trickster this time, pushed the difficulty up from normal to core
Trickster Instinctual Barbarian feels like it's going to be nuts. Managed to clear Act 1 and 2 over the course of just a day playing and looking at the wiki and thinking about it if you use Annihilator scythe, stack Improved Criticals (Scythe) as high as you can with Trickster and take the Thundering Blows mythic feat you'll be critting for a lot, blasting a 4d6 cone of force damage on every crit and blasting a 2d6 circle of sonic damage on a miss. AoE potential from normal full attacks is huge.

Man, in act 1 raise dead scrolls are crazy expensive in comparison to your income... shouldnt have wasted those scales.
Shouldn't have used the scales at all

Man of Honour
On my second playthrough now. First one the ending bugged out on the Devil path and hung on a black screen so couldn't complete the game. Trickster this time, pushed the difficulty up from normal to core
Trickster Instinctual Barbarian feels like it's going to be nuts. Managed to clear Act 1 and 2 over the course of just a day playing and looking at the wiki and thinking about it if you use Annihilator scythe, stack Improved Criticals (Scythe) as high as you can with Trickster and take the Thundering Blows mythic feat you'll be critting for a lot, blasting a 4d6 cone of force damage on every crit and blasting a 2d6 circle of sonic damage on a miss. AoE potential from normal full attacks is huge.

Thundering blows is a superb feat, its great for dealing with swarms, I've got it on all of my melee characters and its saved my bacon on more than 1 occassion

Associate
My ranged dps party members seem great, my rogue main character seems a touch lacklustre. :(
How are you building him and what's your current level and mythic level? Some builds start off bad and then a few pieces of the puzzle click into place and they become incredible. Some it happens as early as level 6 (you can turn Wenduag into something OP that early on) and for others it can take most of the game to come into their own.
Alchemist (Vivisectionist) seems to make a better typical two dagger sneak attacking "rogue" type character than the actual rogue class does

Man of Honour
How are you building him and what's your current level and mythic level? Some builds start off bad and then a few pieces of the puzzle click into place and they become incredible. Some it happens as early as level 6 (you can turn Wenduag into something OP that early on) and for others it can take most of the game to come into their own.
Alchemist (Vivisectionist) seems to make a better typical two dagger sneak attacking "rogue" type character than the actual rogue class does

I converted Wenduag into a dual throwing axe Demonslayer and shes deadly, throws 6 axes every round :)

I also converted Camellia into a Herald Caller and she summons a ton of very strong mobs now

Back
Top Bottom