Pay using credit or debit card?

Associate
I'm in the process of placing a few orders on Aliexpress for some electronics worth about £250-300 and in the item description it says the item comes with 1 year warranty but after 15 days of receiving the item, you can't open a dispute on Aliexpress so should I pay using my Barclays debit card or Barclays platinum credit card just to be safe in case the seller doesn't agree to the warranty?

Soldato
I generally use credit card for all online purchases. Much better protection. No need to pay it immediately. Just when the bill comes through the next month (even better just have a direct debit setup to pay it off).

Soldato
Credit, I don't get why people don't use it if they pay it off when the bill is due. Build your credit rating (as long as you're not maxing it out, and paying off every month or bill date).

Associate
I know AliExpress is mostly fine in terms of processing payment, but I tend to use credit card for all online purchases anyway.

More protection is things end up faulty and if there's a dodgy card processing site (that I've had when buying from some chinese sites).

Associate
Use my credit card apart from when clowns want to charge for using it and just have it set to pay full amount every month from my bank account.

Associate
Credit card all day long. Everything I buy is purchased on a credit card, not only is there a bit more protection for the more expensive items but I also earn airmiles and a companion air ticket each year for using it.

Soldato
You can not keep track of your spending if you have a credit card....
Eh? Forgive my ignorance as to be honest I don't use my credit cards anywhere near as much as my debt cards but I thought all my CC purchases appeared on my online statement pretty quickly, so keeping track of any balances is basically current accounts minus debt in CC accounts?

Soldato
Does purchasing with a credit card genuinely help if you had to make a warranty claim up to a year ?
I could not find any information to substantiate that.

As already said try to avoid ever using a debit card for online purchases, in case of dodgy sites, compromised personal computer, ...

[ I thought you could also use paypal on aliexpress and a credit card versus paypal comparison would be interesting too ]

Soldato
Eh? Forgive my ignorance as to be honest I don't use my credit cards anywhere near as much as my debt cards but I thought all my CC purchases appeared on my online statement pretty quickly, so keeping track of any balances is basically current accounts minus debt in CC accounts?

that was aimed at "do ron ron" who apparently is too special to track what he spends ona CC

Back
Top Bottom