PC acting up after new soundcard

Associate
I just installed a SB Audigy 2 Platinum into my computer and now after a few hours it turns itself off and goes into a rebooting loop. If I turn it off for 5 minutes, it will play into windows and be fine for anywhere between 20 minutes to 6 hours, but will randomly turn off. I have a 2 slot graphics card and the sugo only has 1 more pci slot directly next to it that is usable. Is it possible the gfx card is overheating the sound card?

Associate
OP
Reinstalled new drivers, PC was ok for a while then 3 blue screens, first one;

1) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL CODE : 0X000000D1

2) It restarted after the first screen, and came up ACPI_DRIVER_INTERNAL CODE : 0X000000A3

3) It restarted again with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL CODE 0X000000A

Soldato
Creative drivers are well known for being awful and their W7 versions for old Audigys are even worse.

Associate
OP
p4KE

Those are my current IRQ's, and I'm running windows xp.

Associate
did u just buy the soundcard? maybe you can send itback RMA it?

another option would be to get a external sound card which connects via usb they work rather well :D

Soldato
It's the drivers buddy. I was trying to reuse an old audigy soundcard on Windows 7. I had no end of hassle with BSODs, was a while before i narrowed it down to the soundcard. Ended up sticking with the onboard audio....pity as when it did work the audigy still sounded much better :(

Associate
Google search "audigy support pack"

My X-Fi (one of the first ones, no official win7 drivers) works fine after I donloaded the X-FI equivalent.

Same My X-fi Pro One Of the First as well PCI been using it on Win 7 since it came out and never had any problems with it

Top Bottom