Political Correctness Gone Mad Again

Associate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/42841620

PC correctness gone mad again banning the walk on girls at the start of a darts match.

Surely the time must be coming where every offending word on TV will be beeped out and every advert will be of a mixed race couple with a disabled kid to cover all bases as not to upset anybody.

The way it's going the next generation in a 100 years time are just going to be sanitized zombies, or maybe that's what the illuminati want...

Last edited:
Soldato
I do and say what I want when I want. Political correctness to me is just a superficial wet dream indulged by the precious easily offended types. If you can't say what you mean in this world then why say anything?

Capodecina
Soldato
Banning the walk on girls at the start of a darts match - GOOD IDEA.
Banning the grid girls in Formula One - GOOD IDEA.

This outdated practice is sexist and has absolutely Sweet FA to do with beer bellies or fast cars.

Soldato

The women who do this, do this by choice. They get paid for it. If they had a problem with it they wouldn't do it. So my question is, why do you have a problem with it? Do you object to women choosing their own profession in life and if so why?

Soldato
I feel sorry for the hot women who aren't going to be able to earn good money by simply walking up and down smiling, and maybe holding a trophy.

Political correctness gone mad!

Soldato
The women who do this, do this by choice. They get paid for it. If they had a problem with it they wouldn't do it. So my question is, why do you have a problem with it? Do you object to women choosing their own profession in life and if so why?

I think what people object to is the concept of the women being used as a piece of decoration, for an organisation that sends out negative a message as how they value these women and potentially in turn other women.

I don't think anyone (or hopefully most sensible people) have any issue with the women themselves - more just the message that it sends. They are well within the rights to take these types of job, and if people are willing to pay them good money to do so more power to them!

Associate
Banning the walk on girls at the start of a darts match - GOOD IDEA.

This outdated practice is sexist and has absolutely Sweet FA to do with beer bellies or fast cars.

But who are we to deprive these young ladies of a job they've worked so hard to obtain?

Soldato
I think what people object to is the concept of the women being used as a piece of decoration...

If the women are ok with it then why are people against it? Movie stars get paid well for looking good rather than their acting ability, but I can't see anyone moaning about them. My view is if they want to be paid for looking good then ok, it's their choice and we should respect that.

Back
Top Bottom