1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Correctness Gone Mad Again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by albert, Jan 27, 2018.

1. IronWarrior

Mobster

Not sure if serious or just liberal mind virus.

2. Ekim

Mobster

Agreed I said as much in my post. I think people aren't taking issue with the women, more the organisations that are hiring people to be objects or decoration as it raises questions as to how they value these people.

Is the move star analogy a good one? Not sure, whilst I am sure some are hired for their looks as least there is a perception that isn't the only thing they are there for - they are filling an actual role which is integral to experience.

3. Sliver

Capodecina

Wrong. Most actors are extras. They often have no dialogue and only appear in the background serving no real purpose in the movie other than decoration for the scene. This is no different to F1 girls.

4. x-st

Wise Guy

Isn't it gender discrimination? One of the pre-requisites of the job is to be an attractive young woman. Whilst you can employ based on attractiveness, you can't select based on gender.

5. grimm

Mobster

I'm sure the women that worked hard to get those jobs won't be too happy about it.

I don't see the harm in it really, they are fully clothed, wearing nothing worse than what you would see a lot of women wearing if you went out on a Friday or Saturday night.

6. Ekim

Mobster

I hadn't thought about extras, but I still don't think the analogy works. The purpose of them is to fill a scene - you can do this in no other way than using people to do so.

In the example of the darts where the only purpose is to walk in alongside the player and act as a bit of eye candy. Unless I have completely misunderstood what they are there to do and they are an integral part of the experience.

7. Werewolf

Commissario

This.

My suspicion is that the Darts organisers have realised that they may be able to get more sponsorship from advertisers if they're not putting off part of the potential viewer base, not to mention I think Darts is starting to take off a bit with Women more.

It's part of the evolution of it, in the same way the average professional darts player now doesn't drink during/before a match, doesn't smoke and takes it far more seriously.

8. Sliver

Capodecina

Of course it works. Are you trolling me? If not explain why it's wrong because it's clearly a pertinent example validating my premise.

9. Ekim

Mobster

Not trolling, just disagreeing. I explained my thought process in the rest of the post:

The purpose of them (extras) is to fill a scene - you can do this in no other way than using people to do so.

In the example of the darts where the only purpose is to walk in alongside the player and act as a bit of eye candy. Unless I have completely misunderstood what they are there to do and they are an integral part of the experience.

10. Jumper118

Mobster

but only having a man walk on stage is sexist, why are only men allowed to walk on the stage?

11. Sliver

Capodecina

Finally you are making sense.

12. Ekim

Mobster

How are they integral to the experience, how would it affect the darts if they weren't there? Pulling it back to your example of extras it would be impossible to do a crowd scene without the use of extras.

13. Tunney

Capodecina

Can’t we keep all this moaning about the modern world in one thread? Every other thread in GD reads like the comments section of the Daily Mail at the moment.

14. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Good, more people like this please.

15. chroniclard

Capodecina

I like the women more than the darts.

16. sigma

Capodecina

Jesus Christ, GD needs an "I'm outraged" subsection!

17. albert

Wise Guy

Moaning about the moaning. Pffft, double standards...

18. D3K

Mobster

You really got nothing better to do than moan at the moaners moaning about the moaning?

19. Tunney

Capodecina

I’ll keep my moaning in one thread if you will. :p

20. grimm

Mobster

Am I too late to join in with the moaning?