Political Correctness Gone Mad Again

Caporegime
Wasn't sure where to post this, as it relates to many threads, like the #metoo and all the outrage at banning grid girls etc but I saw this last night and it seemed an articulate and very sensible point of view from a chippendale (/no sarcasm)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-43120177/do-male-strip-dancers-feel-objectified

His argument is that he's a voluntary participent but that didn't stop the PC fascists banning darts walk on girls and grid girls. I don't think Chippendales will be affected though because the #MeToo movement at its core is mostly the ultra-radical feminists who hate men anyway, they're more interested in female supremacy than actual equality.

If this is the way things are going when will the music industry be brought to heel? 99% of the rubbish in the charts have videos with women being sexualiised.

Capodecina
Soldato
His argument is that he's a voluntary participent but that didn't stop the PC fascists banning darts walk on girls and grid girls. . . .
The PC Fascists to whom you refer in these two cases are the organisers of darts competitions and Formula 1.

. . . I don't think Chippendales will be affected though . . .
If you or anyone else is upset by the Chippendales, you can always start a mass movement of like-minded people. For some strange reason the relevant protest movement seems to be adopting a very low profile.

. . . the #MeToo movement at its core is mostly the ultra-radical feminists who hate men anyway, they're more interested in female supremacy than actual equality. . . .
Do stop depersonalising this, it's just you.

Associate
Who's advocating for all these changes as of late? I don't know of anyone IRL that agrees with any of it. Who are the organisers of F1/Darts pandering to exactly? Some rogue ugly feminists who don't even like those sports anyway?

Soldato
Wasn't sure where to post this, as it relates to many threads, like the #metoo and all the outrage at banning grid girls etc but I saw this last night and it seemed an articulate and very sensible point of view from a chippendale (/no sarcasm)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-43120177/do-male-strip-dancers-feel-objectified

As with women who work in any aspect of the sex industry. If it's a personal choice then they should be able to do what they want, if they feel objectified then they can just leave the profession. End of story

Soldato
Agree or disagree with the premise it still seems like people are missing the point. It's question of whether you need the sexualisation (if that's a word) of women for things that are completely irrelevant to them being in skimpy clothing. Darts and F1 are sports and these women don't add anything to the sport itself apart form standing there and looking pretty. Strippers on the other hand, you are going to look at them with no clothes on.

Caporegime
I saw that Chippendale interview on Newsnight the other day and thought he was really articulate.

I agree with what MikeTheNative said. A stripper isn't the same job as a grid girl.

Man of Honour
disagree there, that sort of sexual attraction is far different to lusting after/"appreciating" a trim wench taking her clothes off and gyrating in front of you in a deliberately seductive manner. while i agree w/ what you kinda say, i'd argue there IS some form of an attraction to that lady.

There's been some misunderstanding here.

I stated that it was "a completely different thing" and you replied by saying that you disagree and that it's "far different". I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that there's an important distinction between "completely different" and "far different", enough of a distinction to be a disagreement? If so, would you explain what it is? I'd interpret "completely different" and "far different" to be far too close in meaning in this context to consider them a disagreement.

V F

V F

Soldato
They'll be banning clothing models next. It'll be strictly mannequins only. Can't have people being objectified and looked at now, can we! Can't have people being paid to do a job!

Heh, so much for the Brit Awards with all the revealing skimpy outfits.

Commissario
They'll be banning clothing models next. It'll be strictly mannequins only. Can't have people being objectified and looked at now, can we! Can't have people being paid to do a job!
Clothing models at least have a purpose.

I was watching some of the boxing the other night and the "ring girls" didn't even look like they were having fun and did nothing but stand there behind the guy introducing the fighters.

Man of Honour
Who's advocating for all these changes as of late? I don't know of anyone IRL that agrees with any of it. Who are the organisers of F1/Darts pandering to exactly? Some rogue ugly feminists who don't even like those sports anyway?

People with enough power to worry the organisers. That's never required a majority or even a significant minority. With the scope of modern communications, it doesn't even require more than a handful of people if they have enough time, dedication, political skill and amorality. Half a dozen people with good propaganda skills and no qualms about lying for their cause may well be able to whip up a campaign that could do significant harm to the public image of a business.

Capodecina
Soldato
People with enough power to worry the organisers. That's never required a majority or even a significant minority. With the scope of modern communications, it doesn't even require more than a handful of people if they have enough time, dedication, political skill and amorality. Half a dozen people with good propaganda skills and no qualms about lying for their cause may well be able to whip up a campaign that could do significant harm to the public image of a business.
amorality . . .
lying . . .
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Quick, on with the tinfoil hat!

I think that you will find that those amoral, lying people are the CEOs of Companies wishing to promote their products.

Soldato
Here is a festive one.

According to a friend years ago, the reason we hear the same Christmas songs over and over in a loop when we go in to shops is because they are told to play songs with no religious connection to them.

Capodecina
Soldato
Here is a festive one.

According to a friend years ago, the reason we hear the same Christmas songs over and over in a loop when we go in to shops is because they are told to play songs with no religious connection to them.
PRS for Music Limited (formerly The MCPS-PRS Alliance Limited) is the UK’s leading collection society,

Back
Top Bottom