Political Correctness Gone Mad Again

Soldato
I changed the word. I don't like seeing women used in that way, but I do like watching darts. I am not alone in this.

I would imagine you are in a distinct minority.

Darts promoters haven't stopped using these women because of the viewers but because they fear losing advertisers who in turn are pressurised by the social media lynch mob.

Soldato
Soldato
Stuff like this just helps show the anti scientific aspect of feminism and all other Marxist leaning ideologies........

Because they think that everything is a 'social construct' they get the causal relationship the wrong way around!

They imagine that women are objectified because of things like this (I.E attractive [clothed] women being employed at the darts)

Rather then the truth that women are employed at the darts because men objectify them!

You don't stop (heterosexual) men objectifying women by seeking to ban women taking on roles were they are perceived to be objectifying themselves! Men objectify (i.e are attracted to looking a beautiful, youthful women) because of our biology not social conditioning or constructs!

Associate

Models are presenting clothes. People don't go to fashion displays principally to ogle the women. They are an integral necessity to a catwalk presentation. And fashion displays usually have both male and female models.
I consider myself a libertarian. But seeing women used as they are for darts matches makes me feel uncomfortable, and I feel it is wrong. I can't presently bring to mind the words to explain why I feel that way.

If walking on before darts matches garners a living wage I'd like to know that.

Soldato
If the women are ok with it then why are people against it? Movie stars get paid well for looking good rather than their acting ability, but I can't see anyone moaning about them. My view is if they want to be paid for looking good then ok, it's their choice and we should respect that.

Because the fat chicks get jealous. Thats who makes a lot of the complaints about this stuff :p

Soldato
Models are presenting clothes. People don't go to fashion displays principally to ogle the women. They are an integral necessity to a catwalk presentation. And fashion displays usually have both male and female models.
I consider myself a libertarian. But seeing women used as they are for darts matches makes me feel uncomfortable, and I feel it is wrong. I can't presently bring to mind the words to explain why I feel that way.

If walking on before darts matches garners a living wage I'd like to know that.

Why is it wrong to appreciate a female form when the other person is consenting and being paid for it (you used the rather loaded term 'ogle' for this)?

Are you really 'uncomfortable' seeing clothed, attractive, paid, consenting women promoting an event? Or is this one of those creepy 'male feminist' things?

You questioned whether walking on a stage could be a career I gave an example of where someone else could do exactly the same sort of action and its incredibly well paid (for some)..........and are you suggesting that female fashion does to use the male tendency to objectify women to sell clothes?

Sometime advertising or promoting an event or product has not direct link to what's going on......

What's Red Bull rally got to do directly with F1? Absolutely nothing! But they associate themselves with F1 to promote their products (energy drinks).

What's an attractive woman got to do directly with darts? Northing! but as the primary viewers for darts are heterosexual men and as heterosexual men like attractive women it was good business sense to pay for a few to be around to fill in the gaps between things being thrown at a board by mostly obese older men

Last edited:
Associate
Men objectify (i.e are attracted to looking a beautiful, youthful women) because of our biology

Yes, although people's specific tastes are partly to do with experience and not entirely due to people's innate biology.
I expect you would agree that it's not OK to treat women, or anyone, in any way you might like. As humans it's part of life to keep our primal urges in check.

Soldato
Yes, although people's specific tastes are partly to do with experience and not entirely due to people's innate biology.
I expect you would agree that it's not OK to treat women, or anyone, in any way you might like. As humans it's part of life to keep our primal urges in check.

But if then woman is consenting to being present and is paid why does it matter if you have a vague feeling of unease about it that you cant quite explain?

(most) Women have a biological urge to be around confident, accomplished somewhat sexually aggressive men and watch films with some (consenting) adult males acting out these roles....

I don't particular care for this personally but have no desire to stop it

Soldato
They will do this kind of modeling all over the place, all kinds of events. Annoying P.C people are getting it banned everywhere, so yea they will be out of a career eventually. Something they probably spent a lot of time getting in to shape for and making the contacts etc.

Soldato
I do think that promo girls are a sexist throwback, it really does look ridiculous them walking a darts player to the stage. Then you have the girls at the F1 holding umbrellas over the cars to keep the sun off the drivers. :p

However, there's subtle variations of the practice, like the women who present the weather who are very rarely anything but easy on the eye. Where does it end?

Back
Top Bottom