[ScreenShot Phase] PC died 2k - 3k build needed

Associate
Hi,

PC died yesterday, been on its way out for awhile so now i have no more excuses to build a new PC. Primarily will be used for development, than gaming and lastly video encoding. Already got keyboard, mouse, headset, speakers, I do need a new case am a fan of lian li and could do with a new monitor upgrade, 4K or 1440p am not that fussed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Caporegime
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £2,976.22
(includes shipping: £22.50)

Hows this?

1) AMD Ryzen has lots of cores and is as good as X99 for productivity etc.

2) Its SLI ready (board+PSU)

3) The case is very very quiet and so is the cooler (the PSU has a fan eco mode so that runs passive at low load/temp)

4) The GTX1080Ti might be overkill, a GTX1080 would also be fine for this monitor.

5) Big+fast SSD with a large HDD

6) IPS panel so you have better colours/contrast etc compared to a regular TN panel.

You might not need a copy of windows, thus could get 32Gb of RAM instead of 16GB.

Associate
1800X? Why not go for the 1700 as when oveclocked there's near as makes no difference. And save yourself around £150 at the same time.

Also, 1080 Ti will also allow maxing all games on this monitor. Not overkill for sure.

Caporegime
1800X? Why not go for the 1700 as when oveclocked there's near as makes no difference. And save yourself around £150 at the same time.

Also, 1080 Ti will also allow maxing all games on this monitor. Not overkill for sure.

OP may not want to overclock, he may want the fastest he can get out of the box and keep stability high

Also a GTX1080 is more than capable of driving a 1440P Gsync monitor maxed out, I know as I have one;)

Associate
OP
I had heard stories about "stulid", I thought it was a myth, stories people told each other in the OC forums, in the same way kids believe in Santa Claus, when you post a spec "stulid" will be along to help you out.............. however seems the legend is true :D:D

I have to say "stulid" your build looks awesome to me.

1) AMD Ryzen has lots of cores and is as good as X99 for productivity etc.
I admit i've been biased to intel ever since I got into pc's, but will now try AMD for first time.

2) Its SLI ready (board+PSU)
Doubt I ever SLI but good to have I guess.

3) The case is very very quiet and so is the cooler (the PSU has a fan eco mode so that runs passive at low load/temp)
This probably be the only thing I change, I have some weird love for Lian Li, don't judge me...... So was thinking maybe this

4) The GTX1080Ti might be overkill, a GTX1080 would also be fine for this monitor.
about time I had a killer graphic for once

5) Big+fast SSD with a large HDD
Sounds good

6) IPS panel so you have better colours/contrast etc compared to a regular TN panel.
Awesome

Associate
OP
The case, motherboard and graphic card currently on pre-order so once there available will order the parts, I will also post the screens when building it in this thread.

The one thing I would change is change the Toshiba drive for something better
such as a WD
Good call as I do like WD, will go for this one

Associate
OP
Soldato
I think it is worth going with the R7 1700 and overclocking it, especially as it saves you £130.

That psu is a bit expensive. I would go with the SuperFlower Leadex II instead as it is also an excellent unit. You get a 7 year warranty with it. If you want to stick with a Corsair unit then I would go with the RMx.

Seagate HDD is slightly cheaper.

You can also drop the thermal paste as the H100 will have it's own.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £493.43
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Caporegime

Hi again,

I would stick with the 1700X as it has the extended frequency range unlocked etc.

The ASUS board I would swap for a Gigabyte X370 K5 or similar as i keep seeing a few horror stories about ASUS AM4 boards, more so than others.

You also do not need the paste as the cooler has it already.

cheaper platinum rated PSU - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-027-ea.html

Soldato
You must have the good one then. Lad here has a 4Tb one and it vibrates like crazy and I have probably build 20-30 systems recently and they all seem to make a constant droning/humming/vibration.

Associate
OP
Parts arrived last week, but sadly with madness with work haven't even had chance to build, did manage to make the chair today though. Not the greatest camera shots but will be uploading more and more as I eventually build the system, if anyone is interested that is :p

Back
Top Bottom