PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Caporegime
Right I keep saying I am going to do this and never do. Couple of questions. Can I do the Turkey codes with an existing account (think everything is linked through my Hotmail account)? And I can buy 12 months now + the £1 upgrade, but extend additional years further down the line? Forza Horizon 5 is calling :D.

Soldato
Right I keep saying I am going to do this and never do. Couple of questions. Can I do the Turkey codes with an existing account (think everything is linked through my Hotmail account)? And I can buy 12 months now + the £1 upgrade, but extend additional years further down the line? Forza Horizon 5 is calling :D.

Yes you can do it with an existing account. You just need a VPN to activate the 12 months of Xbox Live Gold on the MS Website. I Don't believe that you can extend it further down the line to the same extent you can at the start, if you have a month left of GamePass and activate some XBL codes they redeem at a different exchange rate.

Caporegime
Yes you can do it with an existing account. You just need a VPN to activate the 12 months of Xbox Live Gold on the MS Website. I Don't believe that you can extend it further down the line to the same extent you can at the start, if you have a month left of GamePass and activate some XBL codes they redeem at a different exchange rate.
Thanks for the quick reply, will consider 2 or 3 years then. Seems a no brainer when FH5 costs similar to 2 year's worth.

Soldato
I have some free membership for this again, but having been burnt a bit before with games leaving whilst I was partway through, I have some questions.

Can you see if/when a game is leaving GamePass now? I haven't seen any notifications browsing through the app, but I may be (probably am) looking in the wrong place.

And, is there a way to find out if you can back up your saves in the event games do leave? When I last used the service, some games saved their games normally to appdata or documents, but some used the encrypted and confusing Windows file system that meant I didn't know how to transfer my save to another serivce when they left Gamepass (which would mean I could only pay the Store price to buy it to continue or start all over again on another platform).

Can't type for toffee
Don
iirc from when I did mine...

Let any current subs lapse

Purchase 3x 12month Xbox Gold turkey/brazil, whichever works out best at the time ( I dont believe if you have an active UK Gold sub that you can add a 12 month foreign code)
Redeem via the MS site with VPN on (for correct country)
Turn off VPN

Log into the XBox app and if available take the £1 for a month of Xbox Games Pass Ult
This will then convert your entire Xbox Gold to GPU.
If the £1 trial isnt available then you can also just buy a month of GPU or try looking on cdkeys or eneba for a short trial, think there's 14 days ones for a few quid sometimes.

If you have an existing GPU sub and add a 12 month code I think it converts at a rate of 3:1 or 4:1
So by doing it the "wrong" way round your 12 month Gold would become 3/4 month of GPU

The best way of doing it is 100% frontloading the whole 3 year, you may even be able to grab an extra month for each 12 month by enabling then disabling auto renew between redeeming the codes.

Cost Me around 70 quid for 3 years worth of GPU
Far prefer that to a tenner a month for 3 years xD

Don get me wrong Ive not been using it non stop as theres other games we play but its really nice to dip into now and again B4B atm
For the value... doing it this was will probably get you sub 2quid per month for GPU opposed to the tenner usual price

Caporegime
Any recommendations on a cheap VPN for this? I see Nord mentioned a few times, shocked I have got this far in my computer nerdiness without getting round to VPNs :o.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Caporegime
Sorted for 2 years :), also got the NordVPN offer - fingers crossed for the £41 Quidco cashback coming through.

Edit - 2 years of NordVPN and GMU for £76.21 :cool: (Quidco cashback now showing in account, though a long way off payment).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone else unable to install the EA desktop app on windows 11? I want to play the C&C remaster via game pass but theEA app crashes with an unknown error at the end of the install.

Associate
Well, my confidence was premature. I managed to install MSFS but when I tried to install something else I just got errors. Having tried the basic fixes I uninstalled/reinstalled 'gaming services' via powershell and it is back working again. I installed Forgotten City successfully. Time will tell whether that is a permanent fix or not.

So far I have just been using MS Store. Is the xbox app used for pc games or is it just for linking to an xbox? If for pc games is it worth installing and using over just the ordinary MS Store?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom