PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Awesome. I so nearly bought 3 in the EPic sale.

Glad i didn't....

Not sure I will risk buying any games now to be honest! I'll just play whatever is on gamepass :p

I feel the same. OK I did play hitman 3 a year ago, it I'd have happily waited.

Same for subnautica below zero, breath edge, vermin tide 2 (though this comes and goes) shadow of war, two point hospital, and the rest I forget.

The best games for me on the game pass, I already own, making me waste money buying them, and then not get as good an experience from the game pass.

I'd be interest to know what game developers think of it. Do they enjoy getting an extra boost of players when it gets added to game pass, or do they worry about the loss from the buyers now just waiting for game pass release.

Caporegime
I feel the same. OK I did play hitman 3 a year ago, it I'd have happily waited.

Same for subnautica below zero, breath edge, vermin tide 2 (though this comes and goes) shadow of war, two point hospital, and the rest I forget.

The best games for me on the game pass, I already own, making me waste money buying them, and then not get as good an experience from the game pass.

I'd be interest to know what game developers think of it. Do they enjoy getting an extra boost of players when it gets added to game pass, or do they worry about the loss from the buyers now just waiting for game pass release.

Its really interesting. Since having Gamepass i just hardly ever buy games anymore. In fact the only game i've bought in about a year is F1 2021 and even then only because it was £10 (and i know it will come to gamepass eventually via ea play).

I'm too worried that whatever i buy will appear on gamepass shortly after so i'm happy to wait. It has more games than i have time to play them anyway.

MS must spend a colossal amount of money to have al these big games on gamepass. It really is absurdly good value, espeically if you got 3 years using the xbox live thing. However as you said, i do wonder if game sales have plummeted as a result. I guess developers don't care if MS are paying them enough.

i do wonder if game sales have plummeted as a result. I guess developers don't care if MS are paying them enough.
i would hope they aren't that short sighted and see an issue down the road should everyone go this way and stop buying games, as all that will happen is games will natrually end up on game pass even sooner after release as the initial sales just aren't there any more, but then eventually ms will have developers wanting games on game pass, rather than the current other way around, and then at that point, ms will be in the position of strength and be paying less.

what game pass could lead to is more free to play style games, with dlc, in game purchases etc.

i play dead by daylight a lot, and although i've been very good with how little i've spent, i see so many with premium outfits, there's regular dlc being released (though these are worth it), and season passes too to be had that are something like £10 per quarter of the year. dbd wont be making the same money as they would from a full game purchase by being on the game pass, but they will now have a bigger player base to sell add ons to.

the issue then comes if there's games from developers that don't have that gameplay style. no one plays your game as it's not on game pass, so you add it to game pass, ms don't pay much for it any more, and you've got no way to sell to players due to the nature of the game. you don't make another, now good games that aren't about in game purchases die out.

/random rant.

Soldato
Out of the last 10 games I've bought for pc/xbox. 8 are on game pass now.

Starting to wonder if it's ever worth buying any more.

Ive given up, unless its a Sony consol exclusive then im not really buying games currently, like you last few ive bought ended up on game pass

Soldato
I think over time the price will rise by quite a lot, at the moment I imagine they're running at a big loss to try to grow the service. So eventually while still offering good value for money, it might not be such a bargain in comparison to buying games. Then again, maybe we'll get to the point where we only use subscription services for games...

Soldato
I just finished Gunk last night, quite enjoyable throughout although a little easy. Tried Firewatch after that and actually completed it (3-4 hours), not my usual sort of game but thought i'd give it a go, story initially was quite intriguing but went downhill rapidly at the end after building a little tension.

EDIT

Oops thought this was the Xbox thread.

Last edited:
Associate
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/01/18/welcoming-activision-blizzard-to-microsoft-gaming/

Activision and Blizzard been bought by MS, their games are coming to gamepass.

MicrosoftGaming118_1920x1080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom