• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC Gamer: RX 6500 XT looks worse on paper than AMD's $199 GPU from six years ago

Don
If they're around the 580 performance then if at £200 quid that'll do for nowadays! Although if using 4GB... not sure how useful that would be even at 1080P?

Absolutely fine for the target market of esports style games - Fortnite, Rocket League, CSGo, etc. and probably fine on a lot of other games with Textures set to Low or Medium rather than High or Ultra.

Edit:
Whilst I personally wouldn't want to buy one, if they had released an 8GB model only then it would have been at least £50 more given the recent GDDR price hikes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely fine for the target market of esports style games - Fortnite, Rocket League, CSGo, etc. and probably fine on a lot of other games with Textures set to Low or Medium rather than High or Ultra.

Edit:
Whilst I personally wouldn't want to buy one, if they had released an 8GB model only then it would have been at least £50 more given the recent GDDR price hikes.

£50 more is still a lot cheaper than anything else out there.... although 8GB would make it more attractive to miners, so add an extra 0 to that :/

Associate
Those wondering what the numbers mean puts it between RX 570-580 performance levels which was and still is a competent 1080P gaming card. I believe the power consumption is much lower!

And a reminder to people that we live in 2022, where an RX570 that had been used for 5 years and has no warranty sells for £200.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom