• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC Gamer: RX 6500 XT looks worse on paper than AMD's $199 GPU from six years ago

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Associate
With October i was referring to my excellent memory, not that i didn't believe you as my name was right there :cry:

I did wonder though why i didn't pick up a 6600xt for £330 in August, but it turns out that was during the short time i had functioning decent card. It looks like it died in around a similar time as the 6600 launch, October.

Think i might buy the 6500xt, IF it doesn't price at a penny over £200, but certainly not open the thing until i see some benchmarks so i can send it back.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It was rather like the 6700XT release before it. Small amount sold for around £450 which was reasonable price and good performance, but then retailers were blanket selling them above £700 which was a no way nelly moment.

I suppose the 200 for new builds if you were making entry machines isnt terrible in todays market conditions, but if you own a machine from 2018 onwards the existing card is likely going to be better than this lol.

Soldato
:cry:
AMD’s $199 Radeon RX 6500XT officially gets €300/324 MSRP from ASUS

AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT gets high MSRP from board partners
One could ask, what did consumers do to deserve this? Just a week after the formal introduction of AMD’s latest and so far the cheapest card from the RDNA2 family, it is clear that the official MSRP has nothing to do with reality. A graphics card officially arriving at 199 USD, has now been confirmed to cost at least 300 EUR in Germany.

It should be noted that board partners are not very eager to confirm MSRP these days, which certainly does not make reviewers’ jobs any simpler. After all, how can they make a final judgment if the pricing is unknown to them? Thankfully, one exception is ASUS, who despite all circumstances and ambiguous MSRPs from AMD/NVIDIA still provide their own, more realistic MSRP for their cards.

ASUS has just confirmed that its TUF Gaming model will retail at 334 EUR and its cheaper DUAL version will be available at 299 EUR. This is exactly as much as we reported last week after the first rumors about retail prices have begun to surface.

AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT Pricing,Source: ASUS Germany

The RX 6500XT will be a very hard card to sell, considering it continues the path started with AMD Polaris GPUs, which was a good and affordable card in the 200 USD price range. The series was succeeded with a seemingly good upgrade with RDNA1 based Radeon RX 5500XT with a lower power footprint but comparable performance. With its limited 64-bit bus, PCIe Gen4 x4, and lack of AV1 decoding, H264/265 encoding, this card will be hard to choose over the GTX 1650/1660 series, which already costs just about the same as the ‘real’ MSRP.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amds-199-radeon-rx-6500xt-officially-gets-e300-324-msrp-from-asus

Soldato
The memory bus was always a laugh, but only using 4 pcie lanes is hilarity. :D
They cost cut this card into oblivion, and it's still priced like something that isn't an embarrassment.

Soldato
This.

I just sold mine, and it would run rings around this POS.

This is all part of the plan to set us all up for the new prices for the 40 series and rdna3 don't forget Lisa Su and Jen-Hsun Huang are close relatives. Now we get less for more money on 5+ year old levels of tech. All the distractions of mining, scalpers, shortages of silicon and components and of course covid while they will raise prices and worse give us more high power requirement parts and sell them as more efficient.. in a world that electric/fuel prices are going threw the roof.

We have seen what happened in kazakhstan because people could not afford the fuel prices, UK in April may have something to say too regarding the new fuel prices to come and rest of europe is starting to show some unrest too, even USA with their cheap fuel prices are starting to show signs of unrest too... We will have more important things to worry about soon and GPUS will be the last worry and our government is slowly sinking us all into a hole of debt and couldn't give a damn about our health, coming soon this week that information regarding covid and well they have now washed their hands of it and going to pretend it doesn't exist anymore.. Anyways end of Monday rant.. Sad times really.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolute lols.

Wonder what they will actually end up being listed for? Another £50-100 on top of that?

Bingo... of course the distributors want their cut and then the retailers... You know because they are innocent and didn't raise the prices too... I can see gpus on some retailers that are £400-£500 more than other retailers for the same card in stock. How does the same card cost that much difference and they are already over £700-£1000 more expensive than msrp before the £400-£500 difference. ? :rolleyes: We are all getting taken for a ride now from all sides.

Soldato
FIvNA-TVIAIUOIo

Associate
That meme :cry:

Yeah, i'm done. This is a tripple wammy. I accept price increases or decrease in performance due to the various issues that plague us (pun not intended :p )

Higher price.
Lower performance.
Poor modern video support.

Back
Top Bottom