• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC Gamer: RX 6500 XT looks worse on paper than AMD's $199 GPU from six years ago

Soldato
It will be faster but again probably all the stock at "RRP" will be gone in under 30 minutes.

Yeah I get it faster or will be but is it the price tonperformance different better than either this card or second hand market and I dont expect it will be. However the card at RRP if you manage to grab one would be the better card even if its £80 more tbh from what has been shown so far.

Associate
Appreciate the effort Gibbo, but sadly returning mine. Just another case of, "i should have picked up X card at X date".

I was happy to get low end performance, as that's the point of this card. No ability to record with Relive and i'd have to render on my CPU for video editing i could have lived with also, but performance is inconsistent from watching reviews which makes me highly sceptical of performance in titles i may play.

Even in my situation with an rx460 2gb, i'd only accept £120 for this throw away card.

Associate
In the current market though with a used 5500XT selling for upwards of £270 and a 1650 Super selling for the same and both used for ages, this is great value at £179. I know its not what we want but at this price in the current market for a new card with warranty, its a good price.
Although very disappoonted by AMD and NVIDIA since they dont care et all.

Soldato
It's because the distributors are sending all those GPUs that were meant to hit the retail shelves directly to miners instead. With OEMs they have a clear contract so no such shenanigans, thus it's easier for pre-builts & laptops to have better pricing.

That is the point I have been trying(and failing apparently) to make to all the ones on here who defend DIY parts pricing. Its quite clear Nvidia/AMD,their AIB board partners and distributors are taking the mickey with PC enthusiasts.

Yeah I get it faster or will be but is it the price tonperformance different better than either this card or second hand market and I dont expect it will be. However the card at RRP if you manage to grab one would be the better card even if its £80 more tbh from what has been shown so far.

Maybe especially since it will have twice the VRAM,etc but with no FE it will be interesting to see what side of £200 it will start at.

Last edited:
Soldato
In the current market though with a used 5500XT selling for upwards of £270 and a 1650 Super selling for the same and both used for ages, this is great value at £179. I know its not what we want but at this price in the current market for a new card with warranty, its a good price.
Although very disappoonted by AMD and NVIDIA since they dont care et all.

Where did you see it for sale at 179? That's under MSRP. I had a quick little peek at second hand cards and I could buy a rx580 at 150 pounds which is faster and I also found a couple gtx1070 at 200 and one used 6600xt at 300

Soldato
I can see the RTX 3050 being hugely more desirable than this card - not nearly as hobbled in as many places (unless there's something that no one knows about it yet). Therefore real prices probably going to be more like £400 than £200 :p

Can't help wondering if this release of the RX 6500XT is a quick cash grab from AMD before more of the budget/mid-range marked gets filled by the RTX 3050. If the RTX 3050 does by some miracle end up sticking around at anywhere near £250 then basically no-one would want the 6500XT unless the price is halved I wouldn't have thought.

Where did you see it for sale at 179? That's under MSRP. I had a quick little peek at second hand cards and I could buy a rx580 at 150 pounds which is faster and I also found a couple gtx1070 at 200 and one used 6600xt at 300
There were some £179 cards when they went live earlier today, although apparently they sold out within half an hour.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Can't help wondering if this release of the RX 6500XT is a quick cash grab from AMD before more of the budget/mid-range marked gets filled by the RTX 3050.

I heard they have some 6000 refreshes in the works and dont forget the RDNA3 aint too far off either. 6500 is rather late to the game but I guess for around £200 offers something better than the 1030 :cry:

Associate
They were on here for 179 for about half an hour after launch. Once the first lot sold through they popped back up at 229

Soldato

OCUK were running a loss-leader for the first 200 of certain models @ £179. They have 800 left in stock to unleash at MSRP soon so if you want one you can get one.

Back
Top Bottom