• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC Gamer: RX 6500 XT looks worse on paper than AMD's $199 GPU from six years ago

Soldato
My i5 11400 has just arrived so I'm tempted to swap things around and try the 6500xt with that and 3200mhz ram, meaning the mobo should run at pcie gen 4 and see if it makes any meaning full difference.

Soldato
Even if Crypto prices continue further down I don't see that lasting for long and any temporary drop in GPU prices will only increase again when crypto increases again.

And if miners were sensible and had enough profit banked from before then there's no harm in continuing to mine even with low crypto prices if they have belief that the prices will rise to where it becomes very profitable again. Some may well leave the game and call it quits for now but still think they'll be many who carry on mining regardless.
While many will continue to mine with the cards they have I doubt they will be purchasing new cards to add now at the inflated prices and especially with POS around 5 months out.

Permabanned
While many will continue to mine with the cards they have I doubt they will be purchasing new cards to add now at the inflated prices and especially with POS around 5 months out.

I think people fail to realise that Ethereum isn't the only coin moned though either.

Do people actually think mining is going to disappear just because ETH goes pos?

And I'm not saying that prices won't drop a bit (they might not either however) but if/when crypto sees a higher levels don't be surprised when the prices of GPU's goes back up again if they do drop.

Caporegime
Minimum seems low?

eJynLrM.jpg

messed the screenshot up, I'll post a proper one later, busy ATM. Score is repeatable.

I didn't bother with shutting down background process, Spotify ecte... was running in the background, i wasn't going for a world record, only to get a rough score for comparison, Min FPS is measured by the slowest single frame, not 0.1% averages and background tasks will cause a blip that can cause frame stalls for a spilt second. Its not a GPU performance issue.

Caporegime
Alternatively far more understand but they want the higher youtube revenue from trashtalking than a straight review.

Exactly, all these reviewers are used to making enough money for large studios, multiple staff, expensive equipment and high incomes.

The current situation is effecting them too, not as many people are watching their videos because people are just reminded of what they can't buy, don't take my word for it half of these guys have made that complaint public themselves.

So yes the reason the headlines and the videos are getting more and more ridiculous is because of Money and the need to keep earning an obscene amount of it.

Caporegime
In one video some of HUB subscribers called them out on their insane click bait titles and they justified it by explaining its how the get the most clicks with no sense of irony or dignity.

that's what you do, what are you talking about? are you stupid?

When you're so far down the rabbit hole the mad hatter is completely sane.

Last edited:
Associate
I think people fail to realise that Ethereum isn't the only coin moned though either.

Do people actually think mining is going to disappear just because ETH goes pos?

And I'm not saying that prices won't drop a bit (they might not either however) but if/when crypto sees a higher levels don't be surprised when the prices of GPU's goes back up again if they do drop.
There certainly are other coins out there, but what would happen if 1.07 PH/s aka 1,070 TH/s aka 1,070,000 GH/s aka 1,070,000,000 GH/s (or 18,500,000 RTX 3060 Ti's) - which is the current ETH hashrate - suddenly turn to these niche coins which currently have "some" profitabiltiy?

All that minium reward will then be shared with 18 million others. That is, even with free electricity it would not be worthwhile.

Yes, some miners will continue but it migth be as little as 1% of the current ones.

Associate
In one video some of HUB subscribers called them out on their insane click bait titles and they justified it by explaining its how the get the most clicks with no sense of irony or dignity.

that's what you do, what are you talking about? are you stupid?

When you're so far down the rabbit hole the mad hatter is completely sane.

They took offense at MLID calling certain channels out on their reviews.

Caporegime
Other than Steve Burke's Teardown of this and a couple of HUB Q&A's i haven't watched anything from HUB or GN in weeks.

I'm interested in the technology, the product, whether or not i can buy it.

I don't want to be told what to think about it by a clown like i'm some NPC awaiting programming.

Caporegime
I think this shows how bad this whole situation actually is, and RTX 3070 may have much better Ray Tracing performance but in rasterization performance its not a great deal faster than a good AIB RTX 2070 Super ^^^ and still only 8GB.

And £500 normal retail price, a bit more than i paid for that ^^^

Really any meaningful upgrade is an RX 6800 or an RTX 3080, people say the RX 6800 is in no mans land between an RTX 3070 and an RTX 3080, but it is £120 cheaper, MSRP than an RTX 3080, and it has 16GB of VRam

Recent GPU history:

GTX 970
GTX 1070
RTX 2070 Super.

I have 0 interest in anything from Nvidia right now, and i'm the only one complaining.

Caporegime
This one? Will have a watch whilst playing Football Manager.

Good talk..... its not a 1080P highest texture settings card, it doesn't have the memory architecture / VRam for that, which by its self is a valid criticism but some people are just behaving like utter #### to justify their insane clickbait headlines and thumbnails basically say "under no circumstances should you buy this, its that bad" is untrue, they know its untrue and they are behaving like this for their own financial interests, nothing more.

c4bLFLU.png

9vAMKTN.png

Caporegime
3060Ti balls to wall curve :D Was showing it @ 2445 mhz during test +1000 on Mem aswell.

fA9CFSD.jpg oo7A0WI.jpg

I see what you mean by curve now, i just go +100 on the GPU and +400 on the memory, i have had it running +150 / +600 but had memory artefacts, so i just left it stock, it doesn't seem worth it to me, tho i have never tried the Curve tuning, i might have to :)

Good score, 11% on me :)

Back
Top Bottom