PC games for a console gamer.

Soldato
I'm hoping that my new rig should be up and running in the next week and I've got myself a 4870 so I'll be looking to play some games on it. I'll use the console as my main gaming device but I'm looking for recommendations for PC games basically.

Really, I'd be looking at PC exclusives as any games that are multiplatform I'll most likely buy for my 360.

I can get down with most games really, not a massive fan of RPGs though. FPS take up a lot of my time I guess. I don't mind recommendaions for older games either.

I thought I might start of with STALKER and then move on to Half-Life (after about 4 attempts I've still not finished this :o). Any care to mention anything else?

Soldato
What about some strategies? They're always ALWAYS better on a PC. :p

Command and conquer series, not red alert 3.
Supreme Commander
Civilisation IV

My mind has just went blank, I'll back to you. :p

Soldato
OP
I've played and Finished HL2 but I'll probably go back to it if I play HL so I can get the full story. Aren't there different episodes now too?

I've got CivRev for my 360. I enjoy them, even if I'm not really very good at them. Civ IV seems to be talked about a lot so I could check that out. They just turn into timesinks though!

Soldato
There is Half Life 2 : Episode one & two.

Get the orange box, you get all 3 episodes plus team fortress 2 and portal.

Strageties do turn into timesinks but the feeling of success is sweet. :p

Man of Honour
You need to get involved in a bit of retro money island fun :)

Also sanchez... is that image from the 205 gti?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'll check that out too :)

It is. My 205 GTi to be precise.

The re-mastered monkey island was on a steam weekend offer, some nostalgia kicked in when you hit F10 :)

Anyway I couldn't think what car the image was from, couldn't decide between the R5 and the Pug :)

C64

C64

Soldato
Company of heroes

If you buy company of heroes anthlogy edition you get main game and the two expansions.

If you buy tales of valour only you get all factions and new units unlocked for multiplayer only you wont get the campaigns but worth knowing as the multi is great.

But you can probably still get anthology hard copy for £9-99

Associate
if you like online fps i'd recommend something like the unreal tournament series, the battlefield series, counter strike and team fortress. But id watch or read a few reviews on them first, they're good but it depends wether its your thing really

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions. As I suspected, a lot are FPS. I used to play far too much Kingpin back in the day, along with a bit of UT so I'll check a lot of em out. :)

Caporegime
Stalker is an fps / rpg but I would still check it out if I were you. Great, great game - one to play on your own late at night...

My next recommendation would be the (first) Fear title. Awesome.

Soldato
If it's FPS games you're after and you want PC exclusives try:

Call of Duty 1+ United Offensive add-one (although I believe these will make it to the console when MW2 comes out not 100%)

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Above are all excellent PC games, esp. COD1 and the expansion- love 'em to bits :D

Soldato
Warcraft 3 and its expansion, RTS.

Spellforce 1 very good rts with some rpg elements, avoid the 2nd one.

Homeworld 1 and 2.

Battlezone 1 and 2 were both very good games for their time fps/rts cross not one to overlook.

Total War in all its flavors.

Soldato
OP
Will I be able to get away with playing Crysis with any kind of detail? I've got a Phenom II Tri core 720, 4Gb RAM and my 1Gb 4870.

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions. As I suspected, a lot are FPS. I used to play far too much Kingpin back in the day, along with a bit of UT so I'll check a lot of em out. :)

Kingpin eeyy? That's been released on steam a few months ago! I played that game for a good 3 years, RM DM and RM Bagman were top!

Back
Top Bottom