PC on the desk or on the floor?

Soldato
Floor is bad full stop, all dust and rubbish is kicked up and sucked in no matter what the floor covering.

I have a Antec P190 and its a monster but I have it on a Logitech subwoofer.

Under desk is hot legs, on desk is no room, floor is dust collector.

My next PC will deffo be mATX. ;)

Man of Honour
Why would you want the fan noise right by your face on the desk anyway? Even the quietest PCs still make airflow noise.

Anyway, most people have huge monitors now, putting a case on a desk is a non option.

If you're built a good quality system with a well engineered case then dust is a non issue on the floor. If you've bought an off the shelf system, well then that's your fault :p

Soldato
Why would you want the fan noise right by your face on the desk anyway? Even the quietest PCs still make airflow noise.

Anyway, most people have huge monitors now, putting a case on a desk is a non option.

If you're built a good quality system with a well engineered case then dust is a non issue on the floor. If you've bought an off the shelf system, well then that's your fault :p

I purposely made my pc super quiet so that it being on the desk wouldn't bother me. I'm using quiet noiseblocker fans, mounted with rubber decouplers. They are PWM and using my Asus motherboards fan controller they are run at their lowest speed which is like 450rpm when idle. Plus my gfx card and psu are both hybrid cooled, so the fans only spin up at a certain temp threshold.

Basically when idle my pc is quieter then ambient sound with the window open.

I have a huge monitor as well, a 42" tv :D

Caporegime
These days on the floor in the next room. 3metre extension cables for usb, long displayport/dvi cables. Even screaming along with a heavy overclock, higher temps and loud fan noise I can't hear it through the doors/wall.

PC turns on by clicking mouse buttons, only time I have to go in the other room is if it crashes and doesn't restart itself which is very rare or I have to put a dvd/bluray in..... which hasn't happened for like 3-4 years now.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom