[Pc-ps4] dac / amp for dt 990 pro 250ohms

Permabanned
Hi All !

I need some help, im newbs in audio... so..

I have a beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250ohms, i have a soundblaster g6, work good but i have crackling sometimes..
The scoot mode is not very good (for me) and i hate playing with 5.1..
I prefer a strong 2.0..

I try the fiio k3, but Doesnt work on my ps4 and k3 is not enought powerful for the dt 990..

So.. I search a dac / amp who work on pc and ps4..

I see the e10k but can he drive this headset ?

4 days of search and nothing.. im sad..

Sorry for my bad english...

Soldato
Does crackling happen when connected to PC or PS4?
If with PC that might be caused by many different things.

DT990 works really well with binaural sound, so have you done configuration correctly?
(scout mode is definitely gimmick)

Permabanned
OP
Yes both ps4 and pc.. first use nothing and à few days ago, crackling come on ps4 with bf5.
Some days later i play apex legend on pc and same crackling come on pc.
The sound is Nice without the scoot mode and sbx..
When i put the direct mode, i havent crackling
.. but my mic doesnt work.. (modmic5)

I can hear a huge différence with the direct mode.

Soldato
Could be faulty individual...
Checking firmware version might be also good.
Going to Settings and Device in Sound Blaster Connect might tell if firmware is newest.

Soldato
USB microphone will only work with the PS4 if it's specifically made for that. One intended for PC won't work with PS4.

With PC and USB connection there could be the possibility of electrical noise causing the crackling. You should't get that with optical though, unless it's something to do with the USB power. I'm not sure that likely though, as I think that would be a problem when you first used it.

As it was working fine, it's certainly possible that a fault has developed.

You did ask about the FiiO E10K in a previous post; but that will only work with PC.

Any audio device will most likely need optical to work with PS4. I think any audio device that connects to the PS4 via USB will only be headsets. USB DACs won't, unless they are specifically made for the PS4. I doubt there are any.

Permabanned
OP
Well thanks ! I understand but i have the same crackling problem on my ps4 pro, in optical.. so

But my motherboard havent an optical output so..

I need To find an issue.

I think i go with an schiit modi 3 and magni 3

Last edited:
Soldato
From what I can gather, you aren't keen on the 5.1 SBX on the G6, so DAC with optical is the way to go.

The Modi 3 will work with PS4 as it has optical input. PS4 needs to be configured to output PCM audio via optical though, as Dolby Digital is likely the default setting for optical output, which won't work with the Modi.

Not sure what you'd do for microphone though unless you have a specific PS4 USB microphone, or maybe one that connects to the controller. Obviously the Modi doesn't support microphone as it's just a DAC.

Permabanned
OP
Well i think it's Nice

I find that the emulations of 5.1 or 7.1 does not give a good sound especially on games like R6. a good 2.0 is more interesting. But that's just my opinion.

If i plug a blue yeti, i think he can work no?

Thanks dude its more clearly for me

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, it looks like it does work. Blue only specifies Windows and Mac on their website, but clearly the guy in the video can get it to work.

Makes me wonder what other USB audio devices will work with the PS4. Maybe a USB DAC will as well.

Permabanned
OP
Yes!

I have to try.

the only thing that I'm having trouble with is this:

if I connect the ps4 only optics modi 3 and I feed it by the pc, do you think it will work? or I have to connect the dac usb on the ps4?

Soldato
if I connect the ps4 only optics modi 3 and I feed it by the pc, do you think it will work? or I have to connect the dac usb on the ps4?

Not exactly sure what you are asking.

If the Modi is connected to PS4 with optical cable and connected to the PC with USB cable, then the Modi will get the power it needs from the USB cable connected to the PC, so long as the PC is on.

You just change the input to optical with the switch on the front of the Modi.

It might even get power with the PC off, as some motherboards still supply power to USB ports when the PC is off.

If the PC is off and the Modi does not get power, then you should be able to power it fine with a USB cable from the PS4 to the USB power in on the Modi.

Soldato
As I said above; that will work, if the PC is on.

The Modi may even receive power with the PC off. That will be dependant on your motherboard though and whether or not it supplies power to USB ports even when turned off.

Back
Top Bottom