Pc seems to be struggling with video editing

Associate
About a year ago I built what I consider to be a reasonable spec pc for video editing.

Specs are:
Ryzen 7 3800X
Auros X570 Elite Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz DDR4 Ram
Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super 6GB
1TB Sabrent Rocket NVMe (pcie3 version)
Benq PD2700U 4K Monitor

At the time I ended up having a lot of issues getting the system stable with xmp enabled but managed to get it running stable using the Ryzen calculator app.

I’m only editing very basic video, consisting of 1080p video, separate audio track and various titles running through the length of the video. I also have two images with 60% opacity running the full length of the video (about 20mins).

I’ve noticed, particularly when scrubbing through the video timeline, I am seeing dropped frames and also when editing the titles I seem to get some stutter.

I am left wondering why I bothered spending so much on this pc so would be really interested to hear anyone’s thoughts. In theory the pc should be able to easily handle 4K editing, yet in struggling with basic 1080p.

Is there anything I have spec’d wrong and should be looking at upgrading to get it running smoother?

Forgot to mention, using Premier Pro to edit.

Soldato
CPU is a good choice

pic_disp.php

chart above is with 3080 , 1660ti for playback across about 20 points less.

Premiere Pro benefits greatly from using a GPU, but which card is best depends on how many GPU-accelerated effects you use and whether you regularly export to H.264/HEVC. For most users, there isn't much of a difference between various NVIDIA GPUs even if you go back one generation to the 2000-series card. However, the more GPU-accelerated effects you use and the faster you want to be able to export to H.264/HEVC, the greater the benefit to using a higher-end card.

CPU 1080P/4K effects does hammer scores comapred to using effects based on GPU

Back
Top Bottom