PC speakers and in ear earphones

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all

Firstly I am looking for some stereo speakers around £60-80 for music and movies. Volume levels not too much of a worry as will only be in a university halls room
Also for my brother a set of in ear Earphones but must have a mic in built as he uses them for phone calls etc
Again the same price range

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Thanks.

Are there any with a little smaller footprint with maybe a sub instead I can put under my desk? Desk space is at a premium at the moment

Soldato
2.1 would suit movie use better, but stereo is much better for music. Also, as you'll be using them in university; won't too much bass be unwelcome?

If the size of the AV32 is still too wide, then that pretty much leaves Creative T20 or T40 for stereo speakers with a small footprint.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
2.1 would suit movie use better, but stereo is much better for music. Also, as you'll be using them in university; won't too much bass be unwelcome?

If the size of the AV32 is still too wide, then that pretty much leaves Creative T20 or T40 for stereo speakers with a small footprint.
Shouldn't be too bad, the building is new and has very good sound insulation
I don't mind stereo or 2.1

Soldato
Personally, I'd much prefer stereo speakers for music, even if it's just Creative T20.

If you'd prefer 2.1, then choose a set that fits with your budget and also has plenty of good user reviews. In my opinion 2.1 sets don't start to get to what you could call decent, until you get to £100. I've had a few cheaper Logitech and Creative 2.1 sets many years ago. They were fine for gaming, but really quite terrible for music, so I'd probably favour Edifier over those.

Soldato
If you can get them for a good price, then they are worth getting. Certainly one of the best 2.1 speakers since they came out around 10 years ago. AE themselves sold refurbished ones on their eBay store not so long ago. Not sure they do now though.

As for the Z533; they do get a lot of good user comments, but then most Logitech 2.1 speakers do really. Although sound is most important, they do look quite nice. I know you get the peace of mind of a warranty with new speakers, but if I were looking at 2.1 speakers, I'd buy used Aego's though over anything Logitech or Creative; as they long as they are in good working order.

Soldato
The Aego's have RCA input. Use the red and white ones, which are for left and right. U7 also has RCA; red and white outputs for left and right. I'm not sure what cables originally came with the Aego's (other than speaker cables). They might come with a RCA to RCA cable; but if not, you'll need one of these:- RCA to RCA cable

That's a 3M cable, but there's shorter lengths if required.

Satellites connect to the subwoofer with speaker cable that has a RCA connector on one end. The seller should be including those that came with the speakers.

Back
Top Bottom