• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC vs Console, has high GPU prices played a part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Okay, but what if those PS5s would end up as unsold stock, as there are literally so many on there unsold, being held in the hopes it can be scalped to the herd.
Scalpers dont buy ps5s to have them sitting around, not selling them would mean money loss and i dont see it being hard to sell them since their demand is through the roof, GPUS and Consoles demand should start increasing now (even more) just before christmas.

Permabanned
Scalpers dont buy ps5s to have them sitting around, not selling them would mean money loss and i dont see it being hard to sell them since their demand is through the roof, GPUS and Consoles demand should start increasing now (even more) just before christmas.

What you can see on there is 5300+ listings of PS5s for sale at scalped prices on the bay. The must have all been purchased from our main retail stores then scalped on there, maybe that's why PS5s are all "Out of Stock" at all UK main retailers. No UK main retailer has a single PS5 in stock. But the auction site has 5300 + listings. That's just the one auction site.

These PS5s are not "flying off the shelves" as they are being held ransome on these auction sites by scalpers. They are still selling and that's crazy.

I reckon Sony are watching this closely.

Last edited:
Associate
scalpers will stop re-selling them the very second they stop being profittable, even a certain pawn shop is paying over MSRP for them, demand for them is crazy, scalpers are just artifically inflating their price.

Permabanned
I have a Ps5 and a pc. I have a 290x, which needs upgrading. The current prices which will most likely continue until 2023, an upgrade makes no financial sense. I can afford whatever I like, but I refuse to be lubed.

So PC gaming is on the back burner for a long time. I would imagine, many are in the same position.

The games list for the new consoles is really underwhelming, at the moment, which could actually make it not worth while rushing to get them. A lot of the games are just ports of the ones on the past consoles (Destiny 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and God of War), and Demon Souls is just a remake of an old game. Unfortunately, there is nothing on there that makes a PC gamer want to buy the PS5 yet.

So at the moment a PS5 is like a PS4 Super :(

Associate
The games list for the new consoles is really underwhelming, at the moment, which could actually make it not worth while rushing to get them. A lot of the games are just ports of the ones on the past consoles (Destiny 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and God of War), and Demon Souls is just a remake of an old game. Unfortunately, there is nothing on there that makes a PC gamer want to buy the PS5 yet.

So at the moment a PS5 is like a PS4 Super :(
I don't know Returnal and Ratchet and Clank are great games! I know that GOW Ragnorak and Horizon are going to be on ps4 as well next year but I don't know, they don't seem like they'll be very good versions especially if you're a PC gamer used to at least 60 fps. That's what I've found one of the best things about the PS5 (and Xbox obviously), the amount of games offering 60fps!

Permabanned
I don't know Returnal and Ratchet and Clank are great games! I know that GOW Ragnorak and Horizon are going to be on ps4 as well next year but I don't know, they don't seem like they'll be very good versions especially if you're a PC gamer used to at least 60 fps. That's what I've found one of the best things about the PS5 (and Xbox obviously), the amount of games offering 60fps!

Sounds like the PS5 only has Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Spiderman as exclusives and the console is difficult to get :confused:

Soldato
sarcasm or is there something going I am not aware of?
There was a sting operation in Ukraine where they found a warehouse full of PS4/Pros hooked up (alongside GPUs that were mining), the initial guess was they found a way to mine on them but instead they were just farming FIFA cards. That can be a mining of sorts too, if you want it to be.

Associate
Not really, I guess that I was lucky to purchase a PS5 from GAME but I hated the early morning long queue. As for gpu. My 3090 was a chore to find with near close msrp. Was only able to get it on the 1st of november

Associate
Sounds like the PS5 only has Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Spiderman as exclusives and the console is difficult to get :confused:
Well also Demons Souls which is incredible but yeah, not a ton of exclusives in the first year but I would say the launch hear has been much better than the PS4 or Xbox one. When you factor in the extra features such as the dualsense rumble and triggers and the super speedy load times. There's also all the free upgrades to at least 60fps 4k versions of PS4 games and I've had a hell of a year playing on it personally......but each to their own!
I will acknowledge it's difficulty to get now though, I was lucky and nabbed one on release

Associate
Well also Demons Souls which is incredible but yeah, not a ton of exclusives in the first year but I would say the launch hear has been much better than the PS4 or Xbox one. When you factor in the extra features such as the dualsense rumble and triggers and the super speedy load times. There's also all the free upgrades to at least 60fps 4k versions of PS4 games and I've had a hell of a year playing on it personally......but each to their own!
I will acknowledge it's difficulty to get now though, I was lucky and nabbed one on release

Yeah, plenty of old games got free upgrades so ps4 users have been in for a treat overall. overall been a slow year in all platforms. 2022 should be a much better year specially after watching that Elden Ring gameplay footage :D

Associate
Yeah, plenty of old games got free upgrades so ps4 users have been in for a treat overall. overall been a slow year in all platforms. 2022 should be a much better year specially after watching that Elden Ring gameplay footage :D
Oh god yeah 2022 looks insane! Elden Ring, Horizon, GT7, GOW Ragnarok, Starfield, BOTW2 and so on. Even if half of those get delayed will be a killer year

Permabanned
Not really, I guess that I was lucky to purchase a PS5 from GAME but I hated the early morning long queue. As for gpu. My 3090 was a chore to find with near close msrp. Was only able to get it on the 1st of november

Ton of exclusives? I did say there are only like 1 or 2 exclusives worth buying. PS5 Features are not Next Gen compared to PC, as a PC SSD would give fast loading times anyway.

One year since release , and PS5 owners are stuck playing PS4 games because they have a lack of any Exclusive Next Gen games:cry: Also, the console is often sold with expensive bundles, like an unwanted game and controller for £750 :D The rebranded PS4 games aren't cheap either, £60 - £100. Both Next Gen exclusive games that are worth, playing can't even do RT @4k 60fps or 4k@120 fps either.

Pretty clear that PC is by far the more superior gaming system right now. Hope PS5 gets those games out without issues, and not 2 years after release date.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh god yeah 2022 looks insane! Elden Ring, Horizon, GT7, GOW Ragnarok, Starfield, BOTW2 and so on. Even if half of those get delayed will be a killer year

Elden Ring not doing it for me. HZD and GOW I really enjoyed on PS4 Pro so looking forward to the sequel when it hits PC. Would be nice to see GT7 come to PC. Starfield sounds like it could be great, looking forward to that a lot. BOTW2 we know will be great, one of the few reasons along side with a couple other Mario games is why I have the Switch at all.

I was planning on grabbing a PS5 in a couple of years, but now that Sony plan to bring their exclusives too PC, no point. Will stick with my Switch as only console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom