• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PC vs Console, has high GPU prices played a part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Ton of exclusives? I did say there are only like 1 or 2 exclusives worth buying. PS5 Features are not Next Gen compared to PC, as a PC SSD would give fast loading times anyway.

One year since release , and PS5 owners are stuck playing PS4 games because they have a lack of any Exclusive Next Gen games:cry: Also, the console is often sold with expensive bundles, like an unwanted game and controller for £750 :D The rebranded PS4 games aren't cheap either, £60 - £100. Both Next Gen exclusive games that are worth, playing can't even do RT @4k 60fps or 4k@120 fps either.

Pretty clear that PC is by far the more superior gaming system right now. Hope PS5 gets those games out without issues, and not 2 years after release date.

Honestly i have a fairly high end pc with a proper M2 SSD , loading times dont even come remotely close to my ps5, some ps5 games literally load in 2 seconds, we talking proper open large world games (like spiderman), i have no idea what RT 4K/60 fps games are you on about either, i have one of the best 3090 models are out there and i would struggle to run most titles at 4k with RT, cyberpunk, metro exodus (not with DLSS OFF for sure), maybe control?
And where are you buying these 100£ console games?
Then again i am not one guy to count pixels or frames, i just like to enjoy games, hell, lately i been mostly on my switch.

Anyways feel this thread pretty much missed its point with all these fanboy bickering lol.
I would advise anyone with on a low budget to invest on a console instead of a pc (like a series S with a game pass) until GPU prices come back to normal.

Associate
Honestly i have a fairly high end pc with a proper M2 SSD , loading times dont even come remotely close to my ps5, some ps5 games literally load in 2 seconds, we talking proper open large world games (like spiderman), i have no idea what RT 4K/60 fps games are you on about either, i have one of the best 3090 models are out there and i would struggle to run most titles at 4k with RT, cyberpunk, metro exodus (not with DLSS OFF for sure), maybe control?
And where are you buying these 100£ console games?
Then again i am not one guy to count pixels or frames, i just like to enjoy games, hell, lately i been mostly on my switch.

Anyways feel this thread pretty much missed its point with all these fanboy bickering lol.
I would advise anyone with on a low budget to invest on a console instead of a pc (like a series S with a game pass) until GPU prices come back to normal.
Yeah I'm pretty much with you! Love my pc but it really isn't where the value is at! Even with all these more expensive console games. I think a healthy combo of console and pc gaming is my preferred way..... sometimes I just prefer the simplicity of sticking a game on a console and not having to bother with optimizing performance or badly optimised pc ports

Permabanned
Yeah I'm pretty much with you! Love my pc but it really isn't where the value is at! Even with all these more expensive console games. I think a healthy combo of console and pc gaming is my preferred way..... sometimes I just prefer the simplicity of sticking a game on a console and not having to bother with optimizing performance or badly optimised pc ports

So why is Anthem a PS4 game on PS5 can only run at 30 fps on the ps5 and also looks visually inferior to a PC and the load times are the same as a PC SSD?? On the X Box series, it dips to 25fps :cry: These consoles are quite new as well. Serious lack of exclusives as well, hoping that improves.

On PC with 3080/3090 it runs max settings 4k 60fps to 120fps and fast load times , and it looks better. In this game the load time is no different to a PC SSD.

PS5 no 4K@60fps games (PC can do all these games at 4K@60fps or 4K@120fps)
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Ace Combat 7
  • APEX Legends
  • Bio Shock Collection
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Battlefield 1
  • Battlefield 4
  • Battlefield 5
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Warzone
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  • Spiderman
  • The list continues.......

Last edited:
Permabanned
PS5 can't even run Jedi Fallen Order in 4k@60 fps . It does dynamic 4k [ min 1728 reconstructed resolution ] @30fps.

3080/3080Ti/3090 PC will do Jedi Fallen Order max settings, 4K@120fps.

Associate
So why is Anthem a PS4 game on PS5 can only run at 30 fps on the ps5 and also looks visually inferior to a PC and the load times are the same as a PC SSD?? On the X Box series, it dips to 25fps :cry: These consoles are quite new as well. Serious lack of exclusives as well, hoping that improves.

On PC with 3080/3090 it runs max settings 4k 60fps to 120fps and fast load times , and it looks better. In this game the load time is no different to a PC SSD.

PS5 no 4K@60fps games (PC can do all these games at 4K@60fps or 4K@120fps)
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  • Ace Combat 7
  • APEX Legends
  • Bio Shock Collection
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Battlefield 1
  • Battlefield 4
  • Battlefield 5
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Warzone
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  • Spiderman
  • The list continues.......

No offense but you sound like a fanboy, you literally got all offensive because the chap merely stated he like to play some games on console?
Can't believe you brought up Anthem, **Swearing removed**game that has literally been abandoned and No1 cares about, then you bring up games like AC Valhalla which ironically even a 3080 can struggle at 4k at some points and a bunch of old games that never got a native ps5 version to begin with, cyberpunk? Where do I even start with that one.

As for 4k/60fps games, Hades has been fine on my console :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
PS5 can't even run Jedi Fallen Order in 4k@60 fps . It does dynamic 4k [ min 1728 reconstructed resolution ] @30fps.

3080/3080Ti/3090 PC will do Jedi Fallen Order max settings, 4K@120fps.

A PS5 is not priced like a highend graphics card like a 3090,3080ti.. even the 3080 msrp is higher than a PS5 msrp.. (3080 with fake msrp and only available at msrp in FE unicorn models) £650 vs (PS5 Disk version) £450 or (PS5 Digital version) £360...

Bit of a silly argument considering a PC needs more components to make it a fully working gaming platform. Why all the hate on consoles now ? A console is a different market and yes they both play games but PCs are more than a gaming machine.. and much more expensive if you want PS5 or Xbox X or S performance levels. This whole console vs pc thing is just daft really.

If trolling just stop it... most of us here are way past this pc vs console fanboy rubbish, both platforms have their place and both are good at what they do in different ways. Just enjoy what makes you happy, there is no more this and that is better they are what they are for the price they come at and the performance you pay for, this gens consoles and last gens were very good for what they cost and had/have some really good games on them not available on the PC platform.

Last edited:
Permabanned
No offense but you sound like a fanboy, you literally got all offensive because the chap merely stated he like to play some games on console?
Can't believe you brought up Anthem, shittiest game that has literally been abandoned and No1 cares about, then you bring up games like AC Valhalla which ironically even a 3080 can struggle at 4k at some points and a bunch of old games that never got a native ps5 version to begin with, cyberpunk? Where do I even start with that one.

As for 4k/60fps games, Hades has been fine on my console :D

Well that's truth. The PS5 is already struggling with 4K gaming. It can't do 4K @ 60 fps and can't do 4K in many games too. In Star Wars Squadron, PS5 can't even do 4K, instead it does 1800p@ 60 fps :cry: Hitman 2, Hitman 3 all in 1080p@60fps and the HDR is washed out.

A PC will easily do 4K@60 or 120 fps ( 3080,3080Ti, 6800XT, 6900XT,3090) in the games . And you can use the PC for college , .......

I quoted all these old PS4 games as the PS5 has very little offering of new PS5 games.

Spiderman Miles Morales, is the consoles Next Gen Game- flagship and does only 4K@30 fps Ray Tracing. I reckon it runs with reduced reflections quality , shadows and NPC density at 1440p@ 60fps.

Last edited:
Associate
Well that's truth. The PS5 is already struggling with 4K gaming. It can't do 4K @ 60 fps and can't do 4K in many games too. In Star Wars Squadron, PS5 can't even do 4K, instead it does 1800p@ 60 fps :cry: Hitman 2, Hitman 3 all in 1080p@60fps and the HDR is washed out.

A PC will easily do 4K@60 or 120 fps ( 3080,3080Ti, 6800XT, 6900XT,3090).

It can do 4k/60fps, just from a quick glance at my games shelf
-Guilty Gear strive
-borderlands 3
-Dirt
-Nioh collection
-devil may cry 5 special edition
-Ghost of Tsushima

I am sure I could find some more but it's late and dark and my games are all over the place today.

Soldato

A PC will easily do 4K@60 or 120 fps ( 3080,3080Ti, 6800XT, 6900XT,3090) in the games . And you can use the PC for college , .......

I quoted all these old PS4 games as the PS5 has very little offering of new PS5 games.

Spiderman Miles Morales, is the consoles Next Gen Game- flagship and does only 4K@30 fps Ray Tracing. I reckon it runs with reduced reflections quality , shadows and NPC density at 1440p@ 60fps.

Worth a watch..

I agree it seems like not many PS5 games at moment but it always takes time for the games to build up and the ones worth actually buying. I purchased my PS4 Pro when the last of us 2 came out right at the end of the PS4 life and then went out and got all the exclusives and games I wanted to play on it that I missed out on much cheaper than when they first came out and all brand new, I will do same when PS5 Pro comes out and by then will be many PS5 exclusives worth buying and at much better prices by then too and then can judge too which are worth buying as they have been out a while so many reviews.

Also when I get the PS5 Pro I will have a nice collection of PS4 games that I can play on it too at better frame rates for the ones that got updated or with new PS5 features.

Permabanned
It can do 4k/60fps, just from a quick glance at my games shelf
-Guilty Gear strive
-borderlands 3
-Dirt
-Nioh collection
-devil may cry 5 special edition
-Ghost of Tsushima

I am sure I could find some more but it's late and dark and my games are all over the place today.

My post does say a PS5 can't do 4K@60fps in many games.
The games it can do 4K/60fps, a PC can do 4K Max settings @120fps - 300fps or more. Because those are graphically non demanding games.

Just a note on your list that:
  • Devil may cry 5 special edition - Has no Ray Tracing at 4k 60fps. So 1800c or 1080p with RT@30-60fps * with f drops
  • Ghost of Tsushima - 2160c is checkerboard 4K

Associate
You are just moving goal posts.
Devil may cry 5 never even got the ray tracing on the pc to begin with, it absolutely is native 4k without RT on next gen consoles.
Ghost of Tsushima is native 4k on the native ps5 version (you are thinking of the 6months old update)

And yes, a 3090 or a 6900 XT will blow a ps5 out of the water, one doesn't have to be a detective to know that.

Permabanned
You are just moving goal posts.
Devil may cry 5 never even got the ray tracing on the pc to begin with, it absolutely is native 4k without RT on next gen consoles.
Ghost of Tsushima is native 4k on the native ps5 version (you are thinking of the 6months old update)

And yes, a 3090 or a 6900 XT will blow a ps5 out of the water, one doesn't have to be a detective to know that.

The 3080, 6800XT and 3080Ti would also blow consoles out of the water and right now has better volume and maybe quality of games.

Soldato
My post does say a PS5 can't do 4K@60fps in many games.
The games it can do 4K/60fps, a PC can do 4K Max settings @120fps - 300fps or more. Because those are graphically non demanding games.

Just a note on your list that:
  • Devil may cry 5 special edition - Has no Ray Tracing at 4k 60fps. So 1800c or 1080p with RT@30-60fps * with f drops
  • Ghost of Tsushima - 2160c is checkerboard 4K

Im not sure anyone has denied that a £2000 pc is more capable than a current console. You're just spouting fanboy stuff and trying to downplay the capability of the Ps5 / series x.

I own a series x and an Rtx 3070 pc. I have more enjoyment from the console due to its simplicity of use and fact it sits silently while my pc sounds like a jet engine.

I know my pc does a better job at pushing frames but my xbox is also VRR compatible and I don't personally notice any difference unless I stare at them side by side.

You're doing the classic defending of your investment. That's fine, but it makes you seem a bit childish.

Oh and the fact you mention checkerboarding is quite amusing considering most people play with DLSS on these days so they aren't exactly doing cyberpunk at pure native resolutions anyway.

Associate
I've just gone from 1080Ti to series X after the GPU broke and I couldn't find a reasonably priced replacement. This is my first console since NES and I'm really enjoying it, the quick resume thing means I can jump into games a lot faster than on my gen4 nvme PC and I've had no software issues at all so far. I will probably buy a GPU again eventually but not in a hurry to do so.

Permabanned
Im not sure anyone has denied that a £2000 pc is more capable than a current console. You're just spouting fanboy stuff and trying to downplay the capability of the Ps5 / series x.

I own a series x and an Rtx 3070 pc. I have more enjoyment from the console due to its simplicity of use and fact it sits silently while my pc sounds like a jet engine.

I know my pc does a better job at pushing frames but my xbox is also VRR compatible and I don't personally notice any difference unless I stare at them side by side.

You're doing the classic defending of your investment. That's fine, but it makes you seem a bit childish.

Oh and the fact you mention checkerboarding is quite amusing considering most people play with DLSS on these days so they aren't exactly doing cyberpunk at pure native resolutions anyway.

I don't need to defend, just telling it as it is.

PS5 can't even run Cyberpunk2077 at 4K. I believe it can do 1080p.

Last edited:
Caporegime

PS5 can't even run Cyberpunk2077 I'm 4K. I believe it can do 1080p.

Most folk don't even own a 4K TV. So it doesn't matter. Also most pc gamers don't own a 4K monitor either. But more console gamers own a 4K TV than pc gamers as a percentage.

Resolution isn't the be all and end all. 1440p is more than enough and you can run the Xbox series X at 1440p 120hz which is ideal. The series S can even do that too for £250.

Also majority of pc can't run cyberpunk at 4k either. Looking at steam stats not many have 3080 and above. Majority are running 1060's and the likes. They certainly won't play cyberpunk at 4k.

Soldato
A lot of people can't accept that these consoles are really for 1080p 60 fps at best, for AAA gaming. If you look at what Epic said for Unreal Engine 5 that's the target resolution for the engine on these consoles, and even then with modest settings not balls to the walls raytracing.

And tbh the price argument is nonsensical too, because gaming is WAY cheaper on PC & it can mine back its costs (never mind the work it allows you to do), while with a console you're stuck on that platform and have no way to make the money back.

So unless you're totally clueless about PCs then I don't see why you wouldn't have one over a console for gaming.

Associate

PS5 can't even run Cyberpunk2077 I'm 4K. I believe it can do 1080p.

Yep, let's bring up a game that not even a 3090 can max at 4k

(Not too mention is running on backwards compatibility mode on ps5 and still waiting on a next gen upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom