PC won't turn on sometimes after shutdown or sleep (New Build)

Associate
Hi, I just made a new build about a month ago but there's an issue that seems to be getting more apparent. Whenever I put the PC into sleep or shut it down, pressing the power button from the case or the 'start' button on the motherboard does not turn the pc back on. The RGB standby lights from the motherboard are still on. This issue does not happen every time its more of a 50/50 chance of it happening after a shutdown/sleep. The only way to fix it would be to flip the PSU switch on the back of the case to OFF until the motherboard lights turn off and then switch it back to ON which then allows the PC to boot without issues.

Seems like a possible PSU issue but was wondering if there's anything else I can try before looking at an RMA.
Thank you in advance.

System Specs:

Picture of system: prnt.sc/1vv5iw0

CPU: R9 5950x
GPU: RTX 3080 ti HOF
MB: Asus Crosshair Dark Hero III
RAM: Gskill 3600mhz Trident Z CL16 64GB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x

2TB 980 pro SSD + 4TB Iron wolf HDD

Associate
OP
It seems to be the motherboard that is the culprit. On the ROG forums there's a long thread with a bunch of people who own Dark Hero's who have the exact same issue, regardless of other components. But Asus seems to be ghosting the issue. Don't really want to get rid of this board but if I RMA it I might get another one with the exact same problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125064-Asus-dark-hero-startup-issue/page4

Back
Top Bottom