• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PCIe PCI-e Power Cable for Graphics card

Associate
Hi guys,

Just looking for some help here on a issue regarding trying to find a cable to run the power supply for the graphics card. My nephew has a standard gaming computer which is from overclockers. He is now trying to upgraded his graphics card but we are short the correct cables to run the power supply. He is trying to connect the gpu below

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-220-MS

and we cant seem to find the correct cable to power it up. It came with the standard PCI Express 6-Pin to 4-Pin molex Power Adaptor and the psu does not accommodate for this fitting. See fitting below.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB...

The PSU and graphics connection below

ztyk2c.jpg

2ajau10.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Ciaran

Soldato
Are you saying the PSU doesn't have a 4 pin molex connector? There should be a modular cable that plugs into the PSU either with a PCIe 6 pin plug or at very least a Molex 4 pin, these should have been supplied with the original purchase of the PSU.

Andi.

Last edited:
Associate
That power supply looks modular... It should have come with some PCI-E 6 pin cables that plug into those black ports on the power supply. There should also be some molex ones that plug into those ports too, but proper PCI-E cables would be better

Last edited:
Associate
Looking at review for your Power supply you should have these

Native Cables
ATX connector (550mm) 20+4 pin
4+4 pin EPS12V/ATX12V (600mm) 1
6+2 pin PCIe (570mm) 1
Modular Cables
4+4 pin EPS12V (600mm) 1
6+2 pin PCIe (570mm) 1
4 pin Molex (560mm+120mm+120mm) / FDD (+120mm) 3 / 1
SATA (400mm+150mm+150mm) 6

Your power supply review http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/PC_Power_Cooling/Silencer_MK3_600W/2.html

This 6+2 pin PCIe (570mm) is what you need to plug into your G card, but only the six pin part, it might be that this cable has 2 pin block attached to it, this slides in and out of 6 pin block that you need.

EDIT : Ah well, got beaten to it lol

Associate
Scrap the adapter that came with the graphics card. That power supply has the correct cable hardwired

PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 600W
Fixed Cables
20+4-pin ATX connector (550mm)
4+4-pin ATX12V/EPS12V (600mm)
PCIe (1 cable w/ 1 connector) (570mm) <------------ This is what you need to plug into the graphics card

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply guys I was thinking the same myself so I can assume that Overclockers forgot to supply the extra parts for the PSU when they assembled it into the package?

I have tried ringing them with no answer from there technical support is there anyone on here which I could make contact with to try and sort this? Thanks

Ciaran

Associate
OP
Spixelspixel, The only cable which is not in use and hardwired from the PSU is a 4 pci express which is at the top of the motherboard and is loomed into the other cable connected we could not find another available cable to connect into the gpu which was a 6pci e. Thanks

Associate
Spixelspixel, The only cable which is not in use and hardwired from the PSU is a 4 pci express which is at the top of the motherboard and is loomed into the other cable connected we could not find another available cable to connect into the gpu which was a 6pci e. Thanks

Is there already another graphics card connected? The psu definitely should have one pci-e connector fixed to it.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys just spoke to OC and they said they dont stock these parts anymore and we would have to purchase them directly from PC Power is kinda bad form with no explanation as to why they were not supplied in the first place! Sorry Spixel no it didnt have one connected it was a very basic gpu and system to start him off and hes upgrading it now as he is gaming more and we hit this problem! Thanks again for the help

Ciaran

Associate
Cheers guys just spoke to OC and they said they dont stock these parts anymore and we would have to purchase them directly from PC Power is kinda bad form with no explanation as to why they were not supplied in the first place! Sorry Spixel no it didnt have one connected it was a very basic gpu and system to start him off and hes upgrading it now as he is gaming more and we hit this problem! Thanks again for the help

Ciaran

So you have found the suitable cable then? Maybe I misread your last message :)

It's very strange they didn't supply the modular cables to begin with

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
You have a 6 pin hard wired.
What you need to do is find it :)

The PSU may be modular but certain connectors are hard wired.
The 24 pin ATX, 4/8 pin CPU power and a PCIe power cable.
It may be 6+2, don't worry about that just connect 6 of the pins 2 peel away if not required.

Back
Top Bottom