Penny Arcade - D&D Game Podcast / Live Shows

Soldato
After a loooong day driving I'm now up to date. Amazing stuff I'm not sure if the highlight was (I'll spoiler just incase)

Binwin getting his rocks off then stealing the woman's necklace.

Jim and Binwin doing crazy eyes at Ironbeard when he opens the chest.

Jim dispelling Percy's fireball to stop him getting the kill then smack talking him :D:D

Any idea when the next episode is due? Completely hooked.

Also, what has happened to Scott's voice? I didn't even think he was in this series for a while, he's either putting on a deep voice or his balls have eventually descended about 20 years late :p

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
After a loooong day driving I'm now up to date. Amazing stuff I'm not sure if the highlight was (I'll spoiler just incase)

Binwin getting his rocks off then stealing the woman's necklace.

Jim and Binwin doing crazy eyes at Ironbeard when he opens the chest.

Jim dispelling Percy's fireball to stop him getting the kill then smack talking him :D:D

Any idea when the next episode is due? Completely hooked.

Also, what has happened to Scott's voice? I didn't even think he was in this series for a while, he's either putting on a deep voice or his balls have eventually descended about 20 years late :p

Episodes are out on a Wednesday, next one is the last one in this series, then the live game continues the story on September 4th at PAX.

Agree with those spoilers, 3 best parts of the series by far, was crying with laughter. :D

Also...

Regarding Wil and Aeofel, I'm 99% sure that 'Kylo Ren' is Aeofel.

They said he was a fey.
He worships Malora.
He did Aeofel's teleport and backstab.

I'm wondering if they're going to bring him back for the live show.

If it's not Aeofel then there's a lot of coincidences!

Soldato
@ Hex, I would love that spoiler so much :D

Great moment when

Binwin uses his wand of wonder to create the ace gun :D then launches Percy down a flight of stairs :D

With regard to where to join you can go from the very start but you need to play those episodes through webportals as for some reason they aren't released as podcasts. You can join the newer stuff without any real bother but you will miss a lot of the nuance and in jokes which creates some of the funniest moments.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
whats the best season to join in on this?

fancy something a bit different to listen too so it would be as a podcast/audio.

You really want to start from the begining, it's great from the get go. Skip the 'Dark Sun' podcasts, they aren't anything to do with Acquisitions Inc. adventures.

Soldato
Great ending, think that's the last one and should ready for Pax now.

Aelfel reappearance was great and im now wondering if they will just use the character or if Will makes an appearance.

Patrick "I'm so mad with Will right now even if he isn't here, I want to text him!" :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Great ending, think that's the last one and should ready for Pax now.

Aelfel reappearance was great and im now wondering if they will just use the character or if Will makes an appearance.

Patrick "I'm so mad with Will right now even if he isn't here, I want to text him!" :D

I'm really hoping he turns up for the game.

Problem is Will and Scott had a big falling out a few years back, which is why he never returned for later games.

Wonder if they've burred the hatchet, or if as you say they're just using his character as a twist to the plot arc.

It just seems odd to use his specific character if he wasn't going to play it again.

Guess we'll find out on the weekend :D

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Sweet :D

Just doing a relisten and it really is a great series

"Jim walks down the stairs"
"Are you talking about your character?"
"Jim is talking about himself, he has a high opinion of himself"

:D

Associate
Started listening to these about a month ago on my drives to and from work, just finished session 3 and really loving them so far!

Really good mix of joking about with proper D&D roleplaying and rule following thanks to Chris Perkins.

Sad to see WW go at the end of session 3 but i know he makes a few returns so all is well!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
You know what else is at PAX South? The Southern Debut of Acquisitions Incorporated - featuring the return of the elven archer Morgaen. We have relied on her in the past, and she answered the call.

Wonder if this is because Mike (Jim) just had emergency surgery and can't make it?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
OP
Turns out it's Scott (Binwin) that has left the AI team! Didn't see that coming.

With the schedule for PAX South being posted and the reveal of our Binwin's Minions Panel we’re getting lots of questions about Binwin and Acq Inc that we wanted to address.

Binwin Bronzebottom has heard the call of adventure! He's grown bored of life as an intern so he’s packing his bags and parting ways with his employers in search of new perils and fortunes, and he’s bringing his own party along with him. The holiday special was my last run with the AI crew. To assist Binwin in his pursuit of glory, I'll be stepping away from the Acquisitions Incorporated table to work on some new endeavors that we'll be sharing with you at PAX South, East, West, and Gencon in 2017.

The new live game happened yesterday, haven't got around to watching it yet. It's going to be weird without Binwin though :(

PAX South game is here: http://www.twitch.tv/pax/v/118079847

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a bit sad watching it drift apart but guess that happens, it may open the door longer term for Will rejoining in Scott's absence but i guess we'll see.

Whilst I like Scott I get the idea he is quite an opinionated ass at times and I wouldn't be surprised if down the line we find out he has fallen out with the group hence him leaving.

Back
Top Bottom