Pentagon releases UFO footage

Soldato
Doesn't make any difference. The allegation is that some alien spaceships are just about observed, indirectly and indistinctly and unreliably. If their spaceships were genuinely absolutely undetectable then there could be a million a day with no evidence at all.

To be fair, if you assume incompetence is the most powerful force in the galaxy, it's likely some idiot from maintenance accidentally turned the fog lights on when the ship was supposed to be in stealth mode.

I think contact with alien lifeforms (more intelligent/advanced than us) would be very bad news for humanity. 200 years of observation would show us as irresponsibly destructive and warlike, with an accelerating technology curve. I'd be recommending a meteor strike, if I were them.

Associate
Thirdly, any species capable of interstellar travel would be smart enough to identify world governments and establish contact, which is something every alleged alien visitor has so far failed to do.

They certainlky do seem to think that redneck farmers, lone people coming back from the pub and isolated cattle farms to be the very pinnacle of humanity when it comes to alien visitations. Also, does anyone else think that the 'alien spacecraft' seem extremely small when they are dancing above said human leaders?

Man of Honour
To be fair, if you assume incompetence is the most powerful force in the galaxy, it's likely some idiot from maintenance accidentally turned the fog lights on when the ship was supposed to be in stealth mode.

Maybe that would be a best case scenario. If the hypothetical aliens were like humans but just with more advanced tech we'd be in a far better position to get along OK. If they were infallible, we'd be ruined even if they were benevolent because we'd be inferior. At best, we'd be a charity case for them with no chance of ever being anything else. I doubt if humanity would survive for very long.

I think contact with alien lifeforms (more intelligent/advanced than us) would be very bad news for humanity. 200 years of observation would show us as irresponsibly destructive and warlike, with an accelerating technology curve. I'd be recommending a meteor strike, if I were them.

200 years of observation would show many things, good and bad. It might, for example, show the hypothetical more advanced people a similar situation to their own history. Or maybe a potential military force. Maybe they've not warlike enough to face threats effectively and would seek to negotiate a deal with humanity to do it for them. Who knows.

I think it would be very bad news, but not necessarily because they'd deliberately eradicate humanuty as a potential threat. I think merely be more intelligent would definitely be enough by itself, leading to humanity fading away from lack of any reason not to.

You might be interested in the dark forest hypothesis for answering Fermi's paradox. Particularly since you understand the easiest way to destroy a planetary species. You probably understand how easy it would be for anyone with the tech for interstellar travel to do and you probably understand how extremely difficult it would be to defend against. If conflict boils down to "whoever shoots first is guaranteed to win", there's a good chance people will shoot first and do so as soon as possible if they encounter another.

Soldato
Maybe that would be a best case scenario. If the hypothetical aliens were like humans but just with more advanced tech we'd be in a far better position to get along OK. If they were infallible, we'd be ruined even if they were benevolent because we'd be inferior. At best, we'd be a charity case for them with no chance of ever being anything else. I doubt if humanity would survive for very long.

200 years of observation would show many things, good and bad. It might, for example, show the hypothetical more advanced people a similar situation to their own history. Or maybe a potential military force. Maybe they've not warlike enough to face threats effectively and would seek to negotiate a deal with humanity to do it for them. Who knows.

I think it would be very bad news, but not necessarily because they'd deliberately eradicate humanuty as a potential threat. I think merely be more intelligent would definitely be enough by itself, leading to humanity fading away from lack of any reason not to.

You might be interested in the dark forest hypothesis for answering Fermi's paradox. Particularly since you understand the easiest way to destroy a planetary species. You probably understand how easy it would be for anyone with the tech for interstellar travel to do and you probably understand how extremely difficult it would be to defend against. If conflict boils down to "whoever shoots first is guaranteed to win", there's a good chance people will shoot first and do so as soon as possible if they encounter another.

My guess is that aliens are, well, very alien. I go with Haldane's observation that "the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose"

I just find the whole concept of intelligent alien life fascinating. Logically, it must exist somewhere, in some form. Whether the lifeforms would be apparent to, or even detectable by, us is all up for debate.

I'd never heard of the dark forest hypothesis, but it turns out to mirror what I thought. But then I am a pessimistic bugger.

I agree that if, or when, contact happens, it will be a huge psychological shock. Not least, it will profoundly challenge the big religions and their followers.

Soldato
Dr. Garry Nolan is the Professor in the Department of Pathology at Stanford University School of Medicine. Since 2016, Garry has been in possession of and analyzing materials given to him by some of the top “Ufologists” in the country like Jacque Vallee. He’s also consulted for the CIA in studying the brain structures of people who claim UFO encounters. In this interview, we discuss his very interesting findings on both UFO materials and brain structures. Spoiler alert: the materials contain isotope ratios not naturally occurring anywhere on earth, and the brain structures are very unique. Please enjoy this wild conversation with Dr. Garry Nolan.

Soldato
Great discussion between Eric Weinstein and Hal Puthoff (former NSA/CIA/AATIP) on the physics of UFO’s, and private aerospace as holders of scientific secrets.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This is a year or so old footage but never seen or heard of this, basically a drone was recording some slow landscape footage for a documentary when a tic-tac style object does a manoeuvre in the distance and flies past the drone at immense speed. Estimated to cover 3 miles in seconds. Here's some commentary:

And the original 4K footage:

And interview with the drone operator:

Pretty cool that they quickly uploaded the raw footage omto google drive (now seems to have been removed though).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Always possible to be fake, but then again it might not be, you'd expect a professional film maker to have the highest quality footage if they managed to captures something right, but then it's too clear so considered fake too - A double edged sword :p

I can see both sides, but going by the comments the guy uploaded the raw video off the drone for people to download, but the link is now dead so the raw footage must be somewhere still. Normally if it's fake they tend to not right away upload the raw footage when requested.

Further analysis:

Reddit comments say it's a bird after blur tracing the raw footage but...well nobody knows for sure lol.

Anyway, not saying it's aliens, it's either a bird or top secret project on test given the location itself.

Last edited:
Associate
This stuff has been going on since time began. I will always have an open mind on this stuff. I have seen a lot of strange things in my time but nothing alien or UFO related. I have no doubts that there are other things out there we don't know about.

It makes sense governments covering things up because they would be a laughing stock if nobody believed them and its highly likely that will be the case. Maybe in time as scientific technology gets better over the centuries people will learn more about what these things are and where they come from.

Man of Honour
It makes sense governments covering things up because they would be a laughing stock if nobody believed them and its highly likely that will be the case.

No it's not.
Do you really believe that every Government in the World has come up with an agreement to cover things up :)
Sometimes the most simplest explanation is the best, they have nothing.

Associate
No it's not.
Do you really believe that every Government in the World has come up with an agreement to cover things up :)
Sometimes the most simplest explanation is the best, they have nothing.
No I don't and I expect some stuff has been open but nobody believes it either way so there you go.

Soldato
The focus is on air security. if you haven't been keeping up with proceedings, last year a Pentagon report showed that there were 144 air incursions by UAP / UFO and the Pentagon could only identify 1 of them.

Since then it has come to light that some Navy pilots who came into close proximity to these objects have suffered adverse effects and illnesses including serious brain injury. The planes themselves also shown malfunction or temporary instrument anomalies.

With the DOD already stating that they have no evidence these objects belong to foreign powers and are not part of a U.S. operation, Congress want answers as to how these air breeches continue to happen.

Last edited:
Soldato

NASA now launching their own investigation

NASA is commissioning a study team to start early in the fall to examine unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs) – that is, observations of events in the sky that cannot be identified as aircraft or known natural phenomena – from a scientific perspective. The study will focus on identifying available data, how best to collect future data, and how NASA can use that data to move the scientific understanding of UAPs forward.

Capodecina
Soldato

NASA now launching their own investigation

Some interesting material from this same article.

The study is expected to take about nine months to complete. It will secure the counsel of experts in the scientific, aeronautics, and data analytics communities to focus on how best to collect new data and improve observations of UAPs.

Furthermore, the agency’s search for life also includes using missions such as the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite and Hubble Space Telescope, to search for habitable exoplanets, while the James Webb Space Telescope will try to spot biosignatures in atmospheres around other planets – spotting oxygen and carbon dioxide in other atmospheres, for example, could suggest that an exoplanet supports plants and animals like ours does. NASA also funds space-based research that focuses on technosignatures – that is signatures of advanced technology in outer space -- from other planets.

Associate
Excellent I was just reading up on the NASA news. Has anyone seen the Ariel School documentary film yet? Supposedly its really well done, no silly CGI just the witnesses and video footage from the time. It is streaming rental only at the moment. I'm waiting until its a full purchase until I get it.

It seems like the steady trickle of government agencies and organisations looking into the Phenomenon more(publicly not just behind the scenes).

Back
Top Bottom