Pentium to...

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I've been asked to look a pentium g4400 based system on a H110M-S2H board, long story short they didn't game, now they want to.

I was looking at upgrading just the processor initially but they seem scarce unless I can pick something up on MM.

I suspect an i5 will be more than enough, but they're looking to spend under £250.

I was having a quick scout around for new components within that but with stocks all over the place and prices seemingly through the room I'm not sure what to suggest.

Man of Honour
i5-6500 and 6600 can be around 60-70 used too, but this can quickly be a slippery slope if they're getting serious, because it'll probably have too little memory, underpowered PSU and need a graphics card which are impossible to find.

Caporegime
What... :p

If anything makes less sense than a few upgrades its building a complete new system haha. Unless its literally a random HP workstation with a new motherboard.

What are the rest of the current specs?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
New memory will be needed either way as there only 4GB last time they tried to pair another module it they had problems apparently. I've not looked at it having said that but he'll be after 8-16GB anyway. GFX wise he's got an RX570 which is more than enough for him atm. IIRC they'll be a 550-600w PSU in there too

Back
Top Bottom